Skip navigation

And 347 days later

Back to the top

And 347 days later

From this to

Incuding a full glass out bare metal respray, lots of new bits, lots of cash, uncountable number of skinned knuckels and 1 broken finger , to this

Back to the top
top work chap, car looks stunning

how did you break the finger? and your just gonna have to get a cabby to restore for the missus now and leave the patio for another year ;)

Back to the top
That is gorgeous just how a Mk1 should look!! good work!! :clap:  :y:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
Well impressed! looks absolutely A1! a credit to ya matey :D

Back to the top
8) HELIOS! 8)  Will you put the silver waist line stripe on? :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Lovely job Shaggy, great work.

A question; Since you have actually mentioned the word everybody seems to be so coy about, i.e cash, do you mind telling us how much it cost you altogether, if you kept a list that is?

Just interested to see what a really good restoration like yours actually costs in the end (as opposed to rough initial estimates), compared with what I've done which is a pretty good restoration and tidy-up but with a very careful eye on cost, and with some inevitable shortcomings.

Cheers, Jon

Back to the top
Stunning - top work  8)  8)

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

8) HELIOS! 8)  Will you put the silver waist line stripe on? :wink:

Stunning!!!   :)

Yeah silver waist line stripe and the one on the rear tailgate too would finish her off nicely!!

1983 VW Golf GTi Black (Resto)
2009 AUDI Q5 3.0 TDi (Daily)
2007 AUDI A4 Avant TDi S-Line SE (Daily)

Back to the top
That is just very, very nice hope you are suitably proud of the work done.

Am also curious as to cost's and also how did you break a finger?

Back to the top
Looking good. I do like the Helios ones. They look rather classy  :)

DubPartz

Back to the top
Cheers for that lads, which other stripes do you mean? i thought they only had the 2 down the bottom on the sides. I don't think Helios blue ones had a sticker around the rear not around the glass anyway. (Pics anybody)

The broken finger was from my extension bar slipping whilst trying to get the hub bolts off. All my weight on it both hands it slipped off straight into the concrete garage floor.

Cost of it well I did everything except the body work my self it's up to you how far you go but on this most parts that can be renewed have been brakes, suspension etc and I got most of them from Euro spares or GSC so price it up accordingly.

Got the full interior of Waza on here for about ?100, boot off Big Tommo for ?25 and other bits and pieces of e-bay.

The body work full glass out bare metal respray including new bonnet, 1 new wing , both rear arches welding in a bottom half back panel came to ?1200 i know that maybe a bit steep but it's like glass the lad who did it sprays up brand new cars when they have been damaged slightly, if some one trust him to spray a brand new Range Rover door them I guess you do get what you pay for.

In time and effort I did not do it to make money these were the cars I wanted when I was 17 and just learning to drive when this car was launched. So to me it an icon, I would make more money getting a job a Mcdonalds if you did it on hourly pay but like most people on here its the love of the car  :lol:

Back to the top
?1200 isn't bad at all

I know a lot of spray jobs these days are 2 or 3 grand and upwards

Back to the top
The painter is a mate as well so that always helps and I did that thing you should never do with painters and said I'm not in a hurry for it. So it took a while as well but seeing it was over winter and was not going to use it until the sun shined I was not that bothered.
   Cheers Stu :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.