Skip navigation

A900 SSL - 1983 Lhasa Green Campaign

Back to the top

A900 SSL - 1983 Lhasa Green Campaign

Just taken delivery delivery of my lhasa green campaign. Some of you may have seen it listed for sale on Gumtree about a month ago in Haddington, East Lothian. I have checked the car over quickly and its going to need a lot of work to restore to its former glory but will be worth it when finished. I was worried it might not be a campaign as so many are listed as campaigns these days but aren't, however, this ticks all the boxes! It has option codes 707 and 750 on the sticker in the rear, a WWWZZZ17EW chassis number and everything else a campaign should have inc. Pirelli P slots (centre caps are present), leather steering wheel, green tint glass etc. It also has a set of VDO gauges in the centre console and a Hella fog light set up as seen in pic 4.

Here are some pics taken this morning:

Back to the top
Looks like a nice ride mate - what are the plans with it?

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.

Back to the top

hysteric said

Looks like a nice ride mate - what are the plans with it?

Full bare metal restoration and back to completely standard.

Back to the top
nice wolfsburg mudflaps…

What spoiler is that on the front? Doesn'tlok like it is fitted properly, or even for the Mk1!

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

What spoiler is that on the front? Doesn'tlok like it is fitted properly, or even for the Mk1!

Al, its a genuine Hella spoiler with built in fog lights like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Golf-1-Mk1-GTI-Rabbit-Citi-HELLA-Spoiler-Fog-Lights-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2836c13dQQitemZ400106635581QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It doesn't sit right at the moment as the front valance is crumbling away lol!

Back to the top
Ah right.

Can't be very common. I have never seen one that shape before! It doesn't look like it fits very well. I don't like the way the ends meet the valance.

Nice looking motor though. Good luck with the resto!

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

Ah right. Can't be very common. I have never seen one that shape before! It doesn't look like it fits very well. I don't like the way the ends meet the valance.

I hate it, will not be put back on the car, will go straight on ebay. Apparently they are rare, lets hope some scene queen pays a fortune for it!!!

Back to the top
Well done mate, cant wait to see progress, I posted the link to it on here pleased to see its gone to someone who will restore

Back to the top
Great looking car!! :o
 I love the look of mk1s in  Lhasa green!!! :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.