Skip navigation

1996 Citi Golf 1.3

Back to the top

1996 Citi Golf 1.3

Hello all,

I have already posted a few pics of the 'Greenie' on the introduction part of the forum, but I've made a few changes to the car since then, so I'm going to post here.
I moved from the UK to Johannesburg, South Africa, in April 2008. I needed to get myself a cheap, economical car, and seeing as though they still build the Mk1 golf, and being a dub nut, it was a no brainer as to which car I would buy! I picked up the Greenie for R23,000 (about 1500 quid) with 158,000kms on the clock (98,000 miles) and she had loads of new parts, so I took her. Car prices over here are really high, so this was a good deal. She also runs forwever on a tank of juice, so that helps with my 60km daily commute to work.

I've had the car for over 4 months now, and it needed a bit of TLC, so I have added parts when funds allow.
The latest additions are clear front indicators from the later spec Citi, and Hella smoked/red rear lamps.
The next things on the list are a new front grille, a good polish with some Auto-glym, and I'm going to attempt to get the engine bay as clean as Berts  :D
It was quite satisfying walking into the local VW dealer and being able to buy all the parts I needed, and very cheaply! :D

Matt F

1996 Citi Golf Chico 1.3

Back to the top
They had the similar colour here for sale a couple of months ago.

Itoo owned a 1.6 briefly same colour. Lovely cars. :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
have the same one aswell :mrgreen:
http://public.fotki.com/cilitkas/newfolder/

96' CITI Golf
92' US Collectors Edition
91' Caddy G60
82' GTi 16v
82' US GTi
82' JETTA
78' 1.5 GL

Back to the top
Cool nice pics…

Take it its the same engine size 1.3

Was it a bargain then ?????????

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
yes, it was bargain when i bought it, now not :mrgreen:
was 1.3, 4 gears, now 1.8 GTi (Digifant), lowered, fited antirollbars, power steering, converted to LHD, etc :D

96' CITI Golf
92' US Collectors Edition
91' Caddy G60
82' GTi 16v
82' US GTi
82' JETTA
78' 1.5 GL

Back to the top
Nice work Cilitkas!

I want to drop a 2.0i in mine at some stage, and fit Eibach springs, but cash is a bit tight at the moment!

Matt F

1996 Citi Golf Chico 1.3
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.