Skip navigation

1980 series 1 gti

Back to the top

1980 series 1 gti

Just thought i'd lost some pics up of my golf, i've been after a silver small light golf for ages and the other week i finally got hold of one :)

A little bit about the car, it's had 3 owners before me and is on 114k the chap i got it off had it two years and the chap he got it off previously had had it since 1987.

The pics make the car look better than it is, although really it isn't too bad just a bit rough and used :)

As work is done to it i will post up pics of the not so nice looking stuff (ie rust :(  )

At the moment it's currently not working due to an electrical/possible fuel pump fault but that should be sorted withing the next few days.

Plans for this car is to get all the body work spot on and solid, then lower it slightly on some 13x7 compomotives i have (not the ones in the main  pics but these pictured beforehand).

I do have a soft spot for the early gti alloys so if any come up then i may be tempted :)

Here's the wheels i've got for it 8)

And here's the car how it currently is on 13x6 compomotives.

Back to the top
Nice! What are the wheels that are on the car?

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

Nice! What are the wheels that are on the car?

Wheels on the car are just some 13x6 et13 compomotives that i got of ebay a while ago, I don't know what they are called/if they have a name. I think they suit the car pretty well though but the cx's will look better :)

Back to the top
Nice early GTI - I like the wheels too!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Update,

Did a trial fit of the 13x7 compo cx's, center bore is too small on them but that can be sorted :)

Aside from that they look good 8)

I have a feeling they could do with spacers on the rears but i have a spare set lying somewhere :)

Back to the top
Stuck one of the compomotives on the front today and took some pics :)

Back to the top
Little update.

I'm getting the interior re-done by my brother, so the other day i took the rear bench material apart and gave it a wash.

Here's the results first side is the sun bleached side and the second side is the opposite side which has now been washed :) It looks alot better when you see it for real as the pics were a bit rubbish.

Here's some pics of the black fabric (these show the contrast/change better):

First off the rubbish faded side:

And the good side: (this good side looks a bit patchy in the pics but it actually looks brand new 8) )

Back to the top
looking good mate whats your plans with body and are you going to keep silver or go for a colour change like the wheels there was a set on ebay went for 30 quid but he lived 155 miles away and thats to far as i dont really need them good work tho keep it up and keep the pics coming  :mrgreen:

he who dares rodders

Back to the top

gundel said

looking good mate whats your plans with body and are you going to keep silver or go for a colour change like the wheels there was a set on ebay went for 30 quid but he lived 155 miles away and thats to far as i dont really need them good work tho keep it up and keep the pics coming  :mrgreen:

No way am i changing colour, i've wanted an early golf in silver for ages :)

As for plans there aren't any major plans, just sort the bodywork/paint out, get it running and driving spot on and drop it on the compos :)

I don't think there's much if anything that needs to be changed about the early gti's they look really good standard and if i had a full set of standard alloys i'd be keeping it on those.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.