Skip navigation

1977 mk1 scirocco nearly a golf

Back to the top

1977 mk1 scirocco nearly a golf

Started this in january this year it belongs to a good freind of mine so became a joint project.
came from a good background it was raced in the late 80's in the toyo challenge, went in for a engine rebuild at autocavan it got picked up put inb agarage and was left there since 1990.

this what she looked like when we collected it jan 09

stripping begins

many hours later welding grinding smoothing rubbing :lol: we ended up with a restored shell

started on the refit decided what ever stage it got to we would take it to edition 38

we got this far at edition

after edition ifound a bit of time to take some better pics

to be continued

rob

www.keets-customs.co.uk

Back to the top
...you can go to the top of the class! mate! thats fantastic cant wait to see the progress on this! really well done! keep up the good work!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
absolutely love it,fantastic stuff well done,cannot wait to see more  :clap:

Back to the top
WOW  :drool:  :notworthy:

Back to the top
Simply  8)

G60

Back to the top
looking great, keep up the good work  8)

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
cheers guys

After edition i got a little behind at work so left the rocco for a week,
then thought id get it done for the west side show, we still had a fair few parts to be powder coated and there was still parts at the chromers. and i hadnt started on the brakes :banghead:
we finaly got all the parts together friday so we had from saturday to saturday to get it done!

whatever couldnt be powder coated or we forgot to take it got painted

crome bits to go on

managed to some wings for it wensday for a quick prep and paint thanks to si sweetland for them

we had all together by friday but seem to have forgoten to take any pics but this is how it ended up friday on the ramp to get the exhaust and brakes done.

saturday left us with wiring to finish get it running fix the odd leak of air water and oil :lol:

managed to get it done by 11pm for a quick shake down ready for the run on sunday

sunday straight down to west side  not a prob 8)

rob

www.keets-customs.co.uk

Back to the top
hi loveing all you lot do with your cars, wondered on the white stuff golf, did you do away with the heater and blank off or fit a smaller one? im goin for minimal look well as much as i can do my self.

thanks

Back to the top
Love your rocco mate and like what you have done with the mk1 with the red wheels.
Look like mine! :D
Was wondering why you have put a hose between the 2 master cylinders though?
How do you fill and bleed the system?
Any other pictures of the pedal box.
You said you were getting a pedal box made up on my thred asking about them and you said you were going to post some pictures.
tar mate

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
Looks really good and white suits it. The only thing is the lack of bumpers, not sure if you just haven't got around to them or that's the look you're after. For me, no bumpers look OK on a track car but yours has now basically changed in to a show car and the lack of them makes it look a bit unfinshed.

Marc

Back to the top

cdh said

hi loveing all you lot do with your cars, wondered on the white stuff golf, did you do away with the heater and blank off or fit a smaller one? im goin for minimal look well as much as i can do my self.

thanks

thanks, yep done away with the heater, don't intend doing much winter driving in it, if it gets a bit nippy I've got a 12v ceramic fan heater, just about takes the chill off

Love your rocco mate and like what you have done with the mk1 with the red wheels.
Look like mine!  
Was wondering why you have put a hose between the 2 master cylinders though?
How do you fill and bleed the system?
Any other pictures of the pedal box.
You said you were getting a pedal box made up on my thred asking about them and you said you were going to post some pictures.
tar mate

cheers mate, the pipes t off on the other mc onto the resivoir pot you can make it out in the top left corner of the pic
cheers

rob

www.keets-customs.co.uk

Back to the top
oh rite nice one also do you have a build thread for the golf ive seen the youtube vid, or is that it? if there is one could you send a link please?

thanks

Back to the top
if carlsberg made volkswagens then it would …PROBABLY… one of these!!  :wink:  8)

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
Looks awesome mate.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

MAN THAT IS ONE NICE RIDE!!!!!!

DROP THE TOP AND LETS RIDE

Back to the top
WOW! Clean! WET...

Back to the top
may i ask what pedal box that is? im going this root too but unsure which is the best to use

cars look awsome

thanks

Back to the top
RoadBoss Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject:  

WOW! Clean! WET…

ekgotskillzz Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: MAN THAT IS ONE NICE RIDE!!!!!!

allana13 Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject:  

Looks awesome mate.

cheers guys much appreciated

oh rite nice one also do you have a build thread for the golf ive seen the youtube vid, or is that it? if there is one could you send a link please?

no build thread really theres loads of pics in my flickr, cheers

if carlsberg made volkswagens then it would …PROBABLY… one of these!!  
cheers  mate  :lol:

may i ask what pedal box that is? im going this root too but unsure which is the best to use

its one i made.

rob

www.keets-customs.co.uk

Back to the top
:clap:  :y:

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  

Apologies, can't think of any suitable words  :scratch:

Chris

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
lovely work 8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.