Skip navigation

1600 gti 1982 , now being mucho loved

Back to the top

1600 gti 1982 , now being mucho loved

1982 gti. one owner from new, who got it from borgmann dealership in germany. only done 91k miles. sitting in a hedge for two years. started first time….. once i'd bypassed the fuel relay.

heres where i found it just in the hedge to the right of the trailer

settled in at home

and then after a few months off and on the road its in the shop now.
new front end, wings, arches, sunroof, karmann kit, struts n springs and custom paint jobby.

will get some spray shop pics up when flickr have sorted there arses out cos they aint uploading at the mo
sorry folks

Back to the top
okay,,, what did i do wrong with the image address? :oops:

Back to the top
All sorted mate, img and /img were wrong way round :wink:

Looks like a good project, keep us updated.

Banner

Back to the top

van

i like your van any details :D

Back to the top
Can't wait for the photos, sounds a good job.

Back to the top
mc fudge,
that was the greatest t25 i ever owned.
was home from home when i worked on site anywhere and it drove like a dream. rescued it from near death in crawley. converted it from a panel, lowered it. leather seats. lowered. new empis. real rat look with primer everywhere. but i loved it.
sadly then i started pulling other vws about on the rig with it and i killed it.
i was sad to see it go but was glad and proud to be the last to drive it.

rip: C749KMW :cry:

Back to the top

mo pics..

old front off

new front on

new arches on t' rear

car was waxed from new so is still realy solid. just those vulnerable edges  that have gone cos of the spats. will keep updating as i take mo pics :D

Back to the top
mo pics

the futures bright…..

you can see how we got the Focus ST orange effect with the light bounces off the double-flaked pearl.
we havent had it out in the sun yet…. cos there's been no ruddy sun!!!
got two weeks off now to get it re trimmed. :)

Back to the top
what part of the world are you from?

Back to the top
Top job  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Back to the top
Quick transformation - nice job - should have gone for a full length webasto roof - to use in the English greyness that is summer!! :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
nearly done now.
just gotta stick badges on and get the bonnet to lock down and service the brakes.
then mot and enjoy.

ive really tried to keep the whole project VAG. apart from the sunroof and oil cooler, everything is genuine. however, i cant be done with hunting out some good VAG dials so i'm going digital - oil press/temp and volts i think, off ebay.

btw. located in east dereham "dead" center of norfolk

Back to the top
Looks really nice you happy with the results?

Back to the top
Looks very nice good colour too!

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
its always surprises me when refitting a project, the great first impression of any respray becomes tainted by the little flaws discovered along the way. the whole motor comes under heavy scrutiny as bits are refitted and more and more imperfections crop up, the odd bit of grit/dust, the slight drift of paint somewhere on a contour, the little bodywork imperfection that got missed before the finishing coats.
ive had a lot of vehicles sprayed since being all vw. and honestly can say i am never 100% happy
i guess unless i'm doing the hole work myself i cant ever be satisfied.

we cant expect machined factory finish paintwork when its being put on by humans in far-less-than-laboratory-condition spraybooth.
ho hum

Back to the top
love the colour but i dont like the body kit its just not for classics  :?

Back to the top

madmax122 said

love the colour but i dont like the body kit its just not for classics  :?

Bright orange isn't a proper classic colour either though is it.  Works well with the kit in my opinion.  But its your car not ours.

Back to the top
naa im just saying the car looks fantastic but the body kit makes it look like the wheels are too far inside the arches.

Back to the top
well spotted
the wheels are too far in the arches on the rears in these pics because the shims arent fitted yet.
giving the breaks an overhaul before i finish fit the wheels.

Back to the top
are u see, SICK guy get it low and fat, is what i always say, u aint v dibbin if ur wheels aint scrubbing!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.