Skip navigation

1.6 with weber 3234 dmtl actual vac setup

Back to the top

just got myself a standard air box at last :)

hi people. I have finally got myself a standard airbox after having a k&n fitted since I bought it which has been a real pain for me with icing issues and what not. anyway, I went onto the 'how to' section of the forum to look at the vac pipe setup for the weber and none of the pictures are on there so the tutorial is useless lol! can anyone help me? im going to buy all new vac hoses and connectors to go with my new filter too so its all good! will the mixture need adjusting much going from the k&n bolt on filter to a standard paper filter?

thanks for any info in advance

Back to the top
It just goes to the back of the carb I think from the airbox. I'm doing mine tomorrow so will let you know. Can i ask where did you route your choke cable through the bulk head to get to the carb please mate?

Back to the top
I'm not too sure on the choke cable without looking a I fitted that about 2 years ago now lol! I think the one from the airbox to the back of the carb needs a t-piece on it so the line carries on to the servo vacuum line! That's what I've worked out myself so don't know if it's right! I'm going to do mine tomorrow too

Back to the top
Done! I changed my rubber carb mount then fitted my 'new' original air box and made a custom bracket to mount the box to the carb(was quite impressed with my efforts for this :)) then replaced all vac hoses and connectors and plumbed the airbox in as I said in the above post and it runs mint :) just need to source some pipe for the warm air feed and I'm done :) oh and fit an oil catch tank too

Back to the top
Well it sounds like you're having more luck than me! I fitted my 32/34 weber tonight and its starts and idles fine but when i drive the car it just splutters/jolts and judders terribly! Am i missing something? Ive got the vacuum from the bacl of the carb to air box, brake servo do dizzy and blanked off the nipple that was connected from servo to peirburg as this is no longer needed. Well done though i wish my problems were over :(

Back to the top
My servo is still connected to the carb! It goes from the servo to the back but I put a t-piece in so one end goes to the carb and the other to the airbox! Hope this helps mate, drove to work this mornining and was all fine 

Back to the top
And that pipe from the servo to the back of the carb is meant to be there as it was already there on mine, my car was missing the standard airbox setup so I was missing that half! Hope you get it sorted mate, I've had soo much troubled with my carb area it's quite frustrating

Back to the top
Cheers dude i'll give that a whirl. The manual that came with the carb just said to make sure their is a line from the back of the carb to airbox, and one from the servo to the dizzy, blank off the other hole on the servo. The throttle is also sticking with the original cable so i now need to get around this! when i release the pedal its catching on the top of the carb and sticking. Thanks for the advice  

Back to the top
All sorted thanks mate! Just a new exhaust now and she'll be running even better :)

Back to the top
Yay! I actually helped someone fix their car! :) the first time in the 2 n abit years of owning a mk1 and being on here that I've actually been able to be the helper rather than the one with all the questions lol! Whoop :) makes me feel like a proper part of the club now lol!

Glad you got it going mate, when I fitted a new standard exhaust it made all the difference, can actually have a conversation in the car now haha!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.