Skip navigation

Momo team 300mm or other wheel?

Back to the top
I've got a fairly large, original steering wheel in my golf cabriolet that is quite light grey in colour as it's faded over the years.

I'd like to replace this and see that a lot of people replace with the momo team 280mm, which is fine except that this is presumably a bit of a struggle to drive when I've got no power steering? I'm not actually sure of the diameter of the steering wheel without going to find as tape and measuring it, but wondered if people recommended the momo team, or if it would be too small? In which case, other suggestions for a nice replacement. I'm also keen where possible to keep to original/like-for-like parts so that it doesn't have too many obvious aftermarket parts.

Back to the top
Looking for a bit of advise on this one please guys……

Old wheel looks worn, but not sure if I should go with momo team 300mm or a GTI wheel as my current is a campaign wheel??

Back to the top
Standard 'Campaign' wheel comes in at 370 mm outer edge to outer edge, if I measured it correctly.

Momo Corse D32 (320 mm outer edge to outer edge) shown for comparison, but remember the rim itself is significantly fatter than the thinner standard item.

The start of the ruler might give you an idea of where the left hand outer edge of a 280 mm wheel would be in comparison to a 320 mm item.

Back to the top
Wow, a significant difference then! Really helps to see them alongside each other.

So really I'm best off with campaign or GTI wheel given that the car doesn't have power steering?? As I can only imagine that a momo team 300mm would make on the spot manoeuvres even more difficult than they already are!?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.