Skip navigation

280mm discs

Back to the top

Disc dimensions

Afternoon all, 

I'm running a 280mm conversation on my tintop.  The conversation was done before I bought it. 
I bought a new set of discs from VW heritage part number WC615KBD404C.  But after taking off the old ones and comparing them the depth dimensions are different so the new disc sits too far out from the hub if you can picture it. So the outside pad would need to be paper thin.  I'll post a couple of pictures.   Does anyone know where I can buy a new set with the same dimensions as the old ones?
As you can see from the pictures there's 10mm difference in depth.  Old ones 45mm and new ones 35mm
   Thanks

Nat 1239664F-A5BF-4816-B470-BDE279894001.jpeg 339E2B38-AC42-461A-B95E-585A6AA02AAA.jpeg

Back to the top
It may not help but which caliper / carriers / conversion brackets (if any) are you using..

Back to the top
I've got G60 conversation brackets and mk2 16v callipers.  The old 280mm discs that I'm trying to replace are worn and just over 20mm thick so with the slightly worn pads everything works.  But the new discs are 10mm difference on the depth.  

Back to the top
Quick look online and the measurement that is wrong with new disc is called the offset.  So the offset on the new discs is 10mm less than the old ones.
Example picture below 

06EC7A77-EF6E-4283-A7F1-83DD58911E5E.jpeg

Back to the top
I have a new pair of 280mm discs, bought from ebay and advertised as g60 discs,  i can measure ofset in the morning when i can see what im doing..

Back to the top
so the stud patern is wrong ie off set
not the height Brake Disc Type Externally Vented, Outer diameter 280 mm, Brake Disc Thickness 21,9 mm, Height 39,2 mm, Hole Pitch / Number 04/05, without wheel hub, without wheel studs

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
that is the disc size for a mk2 1.8 g60

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
So my G60 type, 280mm discs measure 35mm ofset. Be interesting to see your calipers, carriers and adaptors

Back to the top
Ok that's disappointing.  I'll have to spend a bit of time scouring the internet for the correct offset 😔. 

Back to the top
The usual 280 mm adaptor brackets would not allow for a disc with a 10mm different ofset to be used, so who knows which brackets you have.  Also some early golf conversions used a large disc from the rover range of cars..

Back to the top
Thanks for the help mate.  Like you said I suspect that the bracket and disc are from different manufacturers.  

Back to the top
post pics of your brake calipers. it may be you have a TSR kit on there which used original calipers spaced out, iirc they used rover discs or something.

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Yeah they're Rover 800 discs found this company that'll change the pdc and open up the centre bore to 65mm. 

Cheers 

Nat

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.