Skip navigation

Questions on 1100 gg

Back to the top

Questions on 1100 gg

Hi,
i've some questions…
can i put polo head on this engine?
which cam shaft can I fit on the original head for more performance? (ex.. golf 1100 mk2, polo 86c)
Thanks!

Back to the top
whats the engine code

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Hi! the engine code is GG

Back to the top
oops yes, just like it says in the title :lol:
looking at it i dont think the later heads would fit, but even if they did it probably wouldnt help much anyway as the small block heads all tend to be pretty much the same. it looks like the inlet is a different shape so this may not swap over either, so a later inlet might have to be bought. ideally a cam upgrade would get you more but im not sure what would be compatible and actually any better than what you have now.

personally i would leave it alone and save up for a complete engine change, maybe a 1.4 block from a mk3 golf and a polo gt cam, or for something a bit more beefy a 1.4 16v lump. all direct fit options

if it was me id be running the 8v lump on polo gt management, or the 16v on the polo stuff. but you could fit a carby from 1.3 mk1/2 or bike carbs if you fancied it. nice noise, not nice fuel consumption :lol:
megasquirt or similar aftermarket systems are an option too but more pricey to buy and have mapped.

Back to the top
the 1.4 engine it's a good idea! but the gearbox fits on 1.4? u intend the 1.4 abd code? intake and exaust manifold fits? thanks!

Back to the top
the gearbox will fit, not 100% about the inlet and exhaust but worst case fit 1.3 mk1 items they will fit for sure :)

you'll want a better carby when the 1.4 lump goes in so i think the inlet is going to have to be swapped regardless. same with the exhaust really but i recon the 1.1 system will fit. only thing is ton some theres a pipe from the exhaust to the inlet for aux heating or something? that can just be capped off wont be needed with the 1.3 inlet

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.