Skip navigation

1983 1.3 Golf CL distributor issues!

Back to the top

1983 1.3 Golf CL distributor issues!

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to watercooled VWs and have been looking around on the search function regarding the dizzy fitted to my car.

It would seem that it isnt a bosch dizzy fitted (I cant make out who makes it)

The problems I have is that first of all it sounds like a cricket on ecstasy is inside the dizzy cap. I dont like this!

The other problem is that ive read on here that a certain (non bosch dizzy) can leak oil so bad it can make the clutch slip. This is happening at the moment!

SO, what I would like to do is fit the bosch dizzy and fit an electronic ignition (pertronix 1843 i think)

Which dizzy do I need?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Back to the top
it's a ducelier (spelling?)

There's a rubber o-ring seal on the dizzy base inside the head which is usually dead. pop a new one on and they do leak less. it's just a case of popping the dizzy cap off and cleaning it out every now and again! mine leaks a little but not that bad!

Jon.

Back to the top
Fair enough, but id rather replace the whole lot with a dizzy made by a company that I know (and trust) rather than have to clean it our regularly and replace the seal.

Thanks for pointing out which dizzy I have though.  :D

Back to the top
ducelier made bits for the mini for years, they are a very good manufacturer.  Only reason they leak is coz vw put them on their side!

the bosch version is the same only with less leaky. they still leak a bit.

Jon.

Back to the top
My distriibutor use to leak and i only managed to get a reconditioned/new one from probedistributors.co.uk

Nik
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.