Skip navigation

1978 VW Golf Radiator

Back to the top

1978 VW Golf Radiator

Hi All,

I am having terrible trouble trying to source a radiator for my 1978 1.1 Golf.

My local garage could not find one anywhere so they ordered one through CrazyQuiffs but when it arrived it was 2 inches longer than the one in my car.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a new radiator for my Golf?

Cheers

Cliff

Back to the top

Back to the top
Sorry, that doesnt go directly to the page but they have a 76' to 79' 1.1 radiator, 448mm wide if thats the one?

Tom

Back to the top
Tom,

Many thanks for this but having spoken to the garage who have been trying to find a rad they say they have been to this site.

I went round there this morning and they showed me that the one that came out of my car is about 520mm wide whereas the one on that site is 448mm which is weird seeing as it says it's for a 1978 Golf!

They have a firm coming round on Monday to check if the rad can be recored but I'd still rather buy a new one 'cos I think it will be cheaper!

Cliff

Back to the top
Cliff,

How are you measuring the rad? As I can probably still get the correct one.

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Rich,

There are 2 mounting points on one vertical and the distance between the centre of these two is 180mm.

The distance between the centre of each mounting hole on the bottom is about 520mm.

The rad site Tom gave me shows a diagram of a 1978 radiator with the 180mm between the 2 vertical mounting points which is correct but shows 448mm between the two mounting points on the bottom which doesn't match my rad.

Apparantly, the one you sent was too long and the supposed correct one on this site is too short.

I'm a little confused to say the least…..if you can get a correct one soonish then I'd be grateful if you could let Platts know 'cos they are pressing ahead with a re-core investigation.

I didn't think it would be this difficult to find one!!

Cheers

Cliff
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.