Skip navigation

1300 running problem

Back to the top

1300 running problem

hello all. ive recentely fitted a 1300 engine and bow into my 1100 golf c. however, ive got a problem which only occurs on longer drives (20 miles+). it'll drive fine until i start going more than 20 miles or so at which point the engine just wont rev at all. will pick up very slowly to around 2500rpm then it just starts misfiring and wont rev any higher at all. on a couple of occasions ive found stopping and switching the engine off then restarting it has cured the problem but not every time. any suggestions would be much appreciated as i dont really know where to start

thankyou

Dave

Back to the top
i'd check your points and make sure the gap is spot on as they are very sensitive it's the first thing i check if anything goes wrong with mine. i'd also check to make sure the vaccum advance is working properly if you still have the same problem afetr you have done the points. hope that helps dude!

Back to the top
ill get new points at weekend as dont know when they were last changed. what should the gap be set to?

Back to the top
What 1300 have you fitted and what carb etc…..??

8)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
depends if its a 1300 out of a driver like mine is i set them at 0.4mm use a feeler blade if you've got some i've heard people say it's better to measure the dwell angle but i haven't got a clue what that is lol!

hope that helps dude.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.