Skip navigation

1300 not running, done everything :(, please help

Back to the top

1300 not running, done everything :(, please help

basically i bought a mk1 spent alot of time and money on it, i bought it knowing it needed a new carb so i bought a 34 ich as the slex on it was knackerd. new carb on it still ran bad, then starded chucking oil out the breather which meant the piston rings had gone, so got it all re built properly by t.e.s. got it back still ran bad, changed the fuel pump, fuel lines, then rang up webcon to which they said oh the carb only runs on certain 1300s so we took it off and sent it back, ive just got a twin choke weber dmtl which came off a 1300 polo it all fits but it still juders as i go to pull away, it ticks over fine, ive spent so much money on it and it still does it, it must be fuel starvation, but how? from where? i dont know what else it could be :( thanks for reading, help will be much appreciated.

sproutsy

Back to the top
have you got a strong enough spark? when were your points last replaced? dizzy cap? rotor arm? condenser? spark plug gap? etc just worth checking dude :) and also make sure your timing is set correctly and that your vacuum advance is working :)

Back to the top
yeah sparks strong enough everythings been looked at, think it could be the jets on the carb so going to have a look soon, thanks for the reply :)

sproutsy

Back to the top
Clean the breather pipe, make sure carb is fully clean & are fuel lines clogged??

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top
went up to sittingbourne at the weekend, it was the jets :) had the wrong ones in. runs smooth now :) thanks for the replies

sproutsy
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.