Skip navigation

1300 engine mounts

Back to the top

1300 engine mounts

Hi all, this is my first technical question, so please be gentle  

I have found a mk1 that has had the 1300 engine mounting brackets removed to make way for GTI ones, that have already been welded in..

Are new engine mounting brackets available for a 1100 / 1300 engine, as i need to revert it back, or would anyone have any for sale. Not afraid of the welding bit, just need to know if it can be done

Would anyone have a picture of what im actually looking for, as i could possibly cut some off a doner

The guy has thrown the old stuff away unfortunatly.

Thenks in advance
Mark

67 Split, lower than me nans tits

Back to the top
I think you can reuse the bracket welded to the chassis leg by removing it flipping it an rewelding it in the appropriate place. If not you can get it along with the bracket attached to the engine block 2nd hand from http://www.golfmk1.co.uk/ . You'll also need a different mount to attach to the gearbox, although you don't have to move the chassis leg bracket.

Small block bracket…

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
thank you, thats a great picture

Back to the top
Does anyone know if a MK2 1300 lump would fit in a MK1 shell

thanks

Back to the top
It will, it's essentially the same engine as mk1 1.3 - head was modified to hydraulic tappets in around 1986. The main things to sort would be the engine mounts… again :lol: . Mk2 had engine mounted on a subframe so you will need to swap the brackets bolted to the block for mk1 ones, although nice and easy to do.

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
There is only one mount different between the GTI and the 1100/1300.

You can cut the GTI mount off, turn it upside down and weld it in further forwards up the chassis rail.

A Mk2 1.3 engine will go straight in but you'll need the "bolt on" parts of the engine mounts off a mk1 1100/1300.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.