Skip navigation

1300 bike carb project

Back to the top

1300 bike carb project

Hi all I'm new to the world of mk1 golfs had lots of other vags but wanted something new/old/very old.

So I now have a 1883 1300 golf. It needs a lot of work engine work but I'm/the previous owner started the bike carb work……well ripped the old inlet manifold off sold the scolex carb and got gsx600 carbs.

What I need to know now is what are the best hoses/pipes to get for it. I've got silicon hoses with aren't going to last so if anyone can recomed some I would be much appriceated.

Thanks Rossini

Back to the top
If you make a support for the carbs it will be less important what type of hose you use :D The main problem with silicon hose setups is that people rely on the hoses themselves to support the carbs.  The stress and constant flexing causes them to tear and split.

If you dont want to bother making some supports for the carbs, then search for marine fuel hose on ebay. I've just bought a length of 38mm stuff off there for my fuel filler neck, and it would be perfect for bike carbs providing they have the same size outlets. The pipe doesn't flex or stretch much you see.

Back to the top
Have a look at DANSTengineering on Facebook mate, he makes the manifolds up and sells the Fluro hose to join the carbs to the manifold...

'83 Mk1 Driver - Mars Red
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.