Skip navigation

Bristol Volksfest 2013

Back to the top
Wow what a weekend, it was totes amazeballs!!!!!  Whatever that means. A fitting end to my relationship with ' Rusty ', Bristol was one of the first ever shows we did with it. Our son now inherits the car, so when he joins soon I hope we can welcome him accordingly, as he will become ' Rusty Jnr ' will let you all know who he is!!! :thumbs:Amazing weather, company and a great weekend show as always. Well done to Richy and Scott for doing the business in organising the scene, the result a great set up of the club stand which reaped the honour of best club stand. Thank you very much to Paul and Emma who cooked so well for everybody and cured many hangovers this morning ( DAZ AGAIN!!!!! ). Also thanks to Bert and Ansar for the barbeque. The company all round was tops as well, so thanks to everybody. Now for a beer and aftersun, we look like bl***y strawberries :$,
cheers all, Stu & Nik, see you at the AGM. ( maybe with another car…….. )

Back to the top
Sounds like a blast was had by all :)

Did you get any pics mate of the weekend?

Back to the top
Scott's got loads, uploading later :lol:

Back to the top

sparkstu said

Wow what a weekend, it was totes amazeballs!!!!!  Whatever that means. A fitting end to my relationship with ' Rusty ', Bristol was one of the first ever shows we did with it. Our son now inherits the car, so when he joins soon I hope we can welcome him accordingly, as he will become ' Rusty Jnr ' will let you all know who he is!!! :thumbs:Amazing weather, company and a great weekend show as always. Well done to Richy and Scott for doing the business in organising the scene, the result a great set up of the club stand which reaped the honour of best club stand. Thank you very much to Paul and Emma who cooked so well for everybody and cured many hangovers this morning ( DAZ AGAIN!!!!! ). Also thanks to Bert and Ansar for the barbeque. The company all round was tops as well, so thanks to everybody. Now for a beer and aftersun, we look like bl***y strawberries :$,
cheers all, Stu & Nik, see you at the AGM. ( maybe with another car…….. )

We only managed to make the Sunday due to work getting in the way, but great to meet you guys, and will defo be back…!

Some piccies;

Great day cheers all!

Back to the top
yea was a cracking weekend :)

and smudger, i got 160 photo's to sort out so they will be up later :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
WOW! what a weekend :-)

Many know Bristol Volksfest is the big one for me and Scott each show year, with it being on our turf.

Its been a while, probably since 2009 since we have had a large amount of campers on the sat night which means the stand is nice and full both days. With this show being one of the main ones from my hometown i always feel a resonsibility to make sure it can be as good as it can be for any of you guys that come along.

Stu is on the money with his post above, loads of thanks you's to give out (and sorry if i miss any) but huge thanks to Paul and Emma who are new to the forum (golfareus) for putting on enough burgers sausages, and breakfast food to serve the stand twice over, thanks to Bert and Ansar for bringing down the BBQ is a crownd puller and makes a real difference when feeding 30+ :-), thanks to all of you that called me in the week or so leading up to Volksfest to check all was good and see what i needed people to bring.

And most important: THANKS YOU TO YOU GUYS, without your commiment the stand,day,weekend, experience would not be what it was, even with my OCD kicking in and me wanting to fill gaps in stand etc, you all smiled and helped out :-)

My camera broke just before the show, but i know alot of people took some snaps. We got BEST CLUB STAND so well done everyone, i think over the weekend the stand numbers didnt really drop under 27 and maxed out at 36 or so as some guys had to park out in general parking and couldnt get to the stand (sunday afternoon) as the crowd at show had got so big.

I've realised im ranting on a bit, so i hope you all had a great time, lets go for 50+ next year :-)

Look forward to seeing everyones pics

im off to find some aftersun

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Didn't manage to catch you Rich before I left so never got chance to say thanks for organising the stand and to everyone else who contributed towards making it a great weekend. :thumbs:

Thanks again.

Back to the top
happy to help. for those of you who were there you have realized now i like my food lol

Back to the top
excellent show, excellent people, excellent cars, excellent organising, cheers all :thumbs:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
 :thumbs:
Great fun, loads of laughter yet again

Cheers for the breakfast Paul and Emma, sorted me out sort of… :ninja:

I enjoyed the fair on sat night  :cool:

Thumbs up to all  :thumbs: -
Daz x

Banner

Back to the top
welcome! sorted you out sort of lol. dont think counselling could sort you out :lol: 

Back to the top

golfareus said

welcome! sorted you out sort of lol. dont think counselling could sort you out :lol: 

;)  ;)

Banner

Back to the top
Smashing pics. Just seen your pics too Arf.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks from us too Rich for organising and taking the tim e to meet up with us Friday nite.  Loved the old faces and great to meet some new ones.  First Bristol volksfest, wont be the last.   :)

Back to the top
Big thanks to Rich and Scott for sorting out the clubstand, had a great weekend relaxing and overdoing the suntan  :ocf_emoticons__icon_cool:  :ocf_emoticons__icon_cool:  though it's starting to peel in places  O_o
Caught up with the gossip and also got some insider info about series 3 of Gold Rush from Jus, cheers for that  :thumbs:
Well deserved Best Clubstand with plenty of visitors over the weekend, nice touch by the Bristol Volksfest organisers to come over on the saturday night with a bag of beer and trophy.

Cheers  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Well done guys, the stand looked amazing! Thanks for everyone's effort in organising and supporting the club stand, we really did a Mk1 takeover this weekend:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks all, i am already thinking about next year, would like to get over 40 on the stand if we can :-)

maybe cabbys one side, tin tops the other, also make some higher quality rear view mirror hangers for everyone (they were a last minute thing), do goodie bags for everyone again as they seemed to go down well, and maybe a paddling pool if its gona be that hot lol

If anyone has an idea's for next years show feel free to post up :-)

Scotts pics are up now

Cheers, Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
A great show, thanks to Rich and Scott. Shame I could only make the Saturday as from the photos Sunday looked a good un'
Looking forward to next year - onwards and upwards.

Back to the top
Good weekend, Beautiful weather, what more could u ask for !?

Thanks Rich :D

Adam.

________________________  RS3

Back to the top
cheers rich…
much appreciate letting me park on stand…
sorry i had to shoot off early, catch you all at next one…
cheers
adrian
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.