Skip navigation

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2012 - 20th yr of volksfest celebration

Back to the top

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2012 - 20th yr of volksfest celebration

Hi Guys

Massive thank you to all that came along to Bristol Volksfest this year. What a weekend!

Fri - Ash and Henry representing and getting there nice and early and pitching on our club spot
Sat - up to 30 cars on the stand at one point and great weather, potential new members taking some club cards and alot of interest in the stand.
Sun - Not too many cars but stayed dry till pritty much packing up time

Here's to great one next year, and i will see if we can get some club discounts on tickets for next year if we book in advance

Cheers, Rich

Saturday

Sunday

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
glad you had good weather for it Rich, congrats yet again on a good show and representaion of the club, i would have liked to have come but only got my car finished on saturday, next year i think this will be on my calender ..

well done all who made it .. i'll see you all next month at the AGM :D

mAtt-

Back to the top
here are my pics i dont have many cus my phone and camera both died :(
most of these are of the clubstand on saturday, it was massive! at least 30 cars!!

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Looks a lot more classy and grown up than the kerbside kustom idiots I'm associated with. Hopefully I have a mot next year and be able to join in.

Mk1 Rivage Cabby on coilovers + VR6 Brakes

Back to the top
Had a great day on saturday guys. Another well oragnised representation at a show again!! I'm liking my skin in this new shade of bright red too!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Looks a lot more classy and grown up than the kerbside kustom idiots I'm associated with. Hopefully I have a mot next year and be able to join in.

Your more than welcome mate, in all fairness Kerbisde always put on a good turnout but i did think the red carpet contradicted the blow up doll with the burnt sausage shoved in her mouth lol.

I think the MK1OC and Kerbside were probably the 2 main clubs that made an effort with thier stand and presentation really, VAG owners tired on the sunday but that was just a line of very shinny motors :-)

Shame there wasnt a best club stand really as we wanted to try and carry on the success the mk1oc had last year and early this year at picking up some best club stand trophies

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

u

Great weekend guys,

Just for those who wondered why Richy took pics of Niiki's car loaded to the hilt, we brought gazebo, mega tent 2 tables, 2 stoves, flags&pole, plus all usual stuff. Who said Golf's are small  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: Even if we had to pack 3 times  :D

Back to the top
Nice pics. Looks like a great show. Might put it in my calendar for the 21st anniversary - next year. Well done mate and catch u at the agm.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Great weekend guys,

Just for those who wondered why Richy took pics of Niiki's car loaded to the hilt, we brought gazebo, mega tent 2 tables, 2 stoves, flags&pole, plus all usual stuff. Who said Golf's are small Even if we had to pack 3 times

TARDIS! - what stu and nicky managed to fit in thier car was crazy and stu and fiona as well, if there was a competition for how much you can fit in a mk1 they all would have won :-)

Nice pics. Looks like a great show. Might put it in my calendar for the 21st anniversary - next year. Well done mate and catch u at the agm.

thanks mate, a fair bit of organising went into it, but its a great weekend. Plans for next year is try and get a stonger attendance over the 2 days with camping so the stand is also more full for the Sunday, also see if we can get discounted tickets if we book some in advance

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Thanks for a great day, good to meet you all. Looking forward to the next one.

Tal

Back to the top
Lucky with the weather my mk3 was in the line of shiny cars on the vag owners stand glad they stood out

vw a way of life

Back to the top
Lucky with the weather my mk3 was in the line of shiny cars on the vag owners stand glad they stood out

they definately did mate, one minute there was a big bit of field in front of our stand the next early doors sunday morning and you VAG guys had one big line of very shinny and clean cars :-)

shame they didnt give you a bit more space as you could have done something interesting with all the different cars etc you had across the group

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

Thanks Tal, and great photo, i was looking for one that caught nearly all the cars in the circle when the stand was at one of its busiest points

Are you coming to the AGM? think a fair few of us are travelling up early doors on the Sat morning if you wanted to join us and convoy

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

bristol

Well done rich great show again! Good to meet you lowfly im bringing sme chiili sauce for you to try at agm as you said you liked it  :lol:  :lol: Rich whats the plan agm day as i think the misses giving me a pass out!

Back to the top

richyhill said

Thanks Tal, and great photo, i was looking for one that caught nearly all the cars in the circle when the stand was at one of its busiest points

Are you coming to the AGM? think a fair few of us are travelling up early doors on the Sat morning if you wanted to join us and convoy

Sorry Rich, I can't make the AGM, I'm double booked that weekend… :banghead: All I know is "Beware the PICKLED ONIONS"  8O Tried one at Malvern last year… Phew!!!

A few more shots…

Back to the top
Well done rich great show again! Good to meet you lowfly im bringing sme chiili sauce for you to try at agm as you said you liked it Rich whats the plan agm day as i think the misses giving me a pass out!

Think the plan will be for drive up early doors, but i will send a group txt out a bit closer to the time, and scott will probably send some pm's round, but if we arrange to meet at a services on route or something i reckon we should be able to get 5-10 cars on convoy

"Beware the PICKLED ONIONS"

i know lol, no one told me last year, i though mmm nice pickled onion with my beer then WHAM lol

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sampreston/7357190208/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sampreston/7357192344/in/photostream/

couple of good pics of blockheads mk1 golf second one even has the mk1 golf oc flag flying  :D

Back to the top
Lovely show.
Haven't been for a few years, last time I went I had a Beetle!

Was really fun to be in the owners club stand.
Thanks for organising it.

Got some pics to upload later.

Anyone going to the VW show in Wareham next weekend?
See you there!

Back to the top
I'm in love with the black campaign :)

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.