Skip navigation

water problem 1600 injection

Back to the top

water problem 1600 injection

starts when car gets warm half way on gauge then just boils over temp gauge hits red when does fan comes in and out as well when ment to but water boils over when gauge and rad not to hot
if you keep fan on from cold still same as soon drive normal its ok
does not use any water apart from when boils over
did head and gasket any way no different
do these have problem on water pump or thurmo
water returnes in bottle fine

just thought ask before strip down

Back to the top
could be an air lock - would explain the rad being cold when it boils over, but alo could be thermostat - have you checked to see if thermostat opens?

Back to the top
Blocked rad core ?

Back to the top

water

no not air lock as rad is hot when driven but when standing engine gets hottter than every thing else so boils it over
when its threwing water out temp 3/4 and fan comes in but buy then to late lost good bit water

Back to the top
fan should be coming on at 3/4, sopunds liek system not pressurising. fact fan comes on at all means coolant is at least flowing round the rad. replace the header tank cap and check the thin hose to top of header tank is not blocked. when you rev it with cap off you should see it spurt coolant

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
tried that going try water pump and hosing on next week off spare engine

Back to the top
does your heater warm up,if not bleed it from the top heater hose in the bay,similar to one of my many mk1 problems cured it tho,are you barry fom durham?

Back to the top
yes heater hot untill tick over then goes cold same only boils over tick over ok with revs on

yes live stanley co durham
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.