Skip navigation

PD130/020 HELP

Back to the top

PD130/020 HELP

Fitting a gtdti pd130 engine into the mk1 caddy. (from a mk4 golf) id like to ditch the 6 speed box. I have already got an aaz 1.9td fitted with a 5 speed 020 box. Does anyone know if the 020 box will fit on the pd130, im hoping that it fits to save me the hassle of making the 3 other mounts. Also would save the hassle of fitting the cable change gear selector and hydrolic clutch. And it would leave only one engine mount (cambelt side) and an exhaust for me to fabricate. need to get this on the road asap..

Would also like info on the wiring aspect if possible.

Scrub the rubber dub

Back to the top
99% sure it'll bolt right on once you swap the 020 pressure plate etc over.

wiring wise its same as any mk4 engine into mk1/2/3. strip old and new engien looms down, cut out engien specific bits from old loom leaving in sensor and wiper wires etc, do opposite on new loom then use wiring diagrams to combine the 2 looms together. its actually slightly easier on a mk1 than mk2/3 as the lengths of the mk4 looms are perfect for the mk1, the fusebox plugs all reach the mk1 fusebox area nicely. mk2/3 require the wires to be extended a bit

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

PD130/020 HELP

I ran a 020 (210mm clutch diameter) with a Quaife during the 1990's on my MK1 Golf. This was before the cable boxes came out. It was Ok for what I wanted although VAG do not make a quarter mile gearbox! With your PD130 this will produce more torque than a petrol GTi and a better clutch would be required in your 020.
I did try the group N when i built the 2L 16V Turbo in 1994 but this just slipped! So the 4 paddled sintered group A was a better choice.
If you improve your engine spec then the 020 will suffer!
The cable boxes are better - 228mm clutches cope better than 210mm.
Regards
Mark E

ME926

Back to the top
thanks for  the info, i think ill go down the 02a route for the gearbox, wanna get it right the first time round. cheers guys

Scrub the rubber dub
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.