HELP 256mm mk2 16v calipers and carriers fitment

Back to the top

HELP 256mm mk2 16v calipers and carriers fitment

i currently have a mk1 1.8t and want to upgrade the brakes

fitted i have standard gti brakes up front
mk4 disc conversion on back

to fit i have 22mm master and bias valve
and mk2  16v g54 calipers

i understand i need to basically find the pot at the end of a rainbow to get the carriers to make these fit.

will these calipers work with the 280mm adapter plates you see on ebay then buy 280mm discs

is there any where i can get carriers to make these fit with 256mm discs??

any advice welcomed with open arms as i have calipers and carriers coming out my ears and still nothing that fits

Back to the top
I can say from my own experience that 280mm brackets will not work with Mk2 16V calipers, the carrier monts up fine however when offering up the caliper the studs hit and doesnt sit....Sorry mate!

Back to the top
ok thanks for that as i have calipers all over the place. what brake option have you gone for? so i am best to find carriers to make calipers fit?

Back to the top
or would i be better to buy 280mm adapters and fit a set of audi s2 twin pots i have lieing about with 280mm discs, just they are very heavy but would probably stop it dead????

Back to the top
What is your budget? i think thats a good starting point, you can fit porsche 4 pot calipers with 280mm discs, very very light and powerful setup, the s2 twin pots are really heavy, or you could go 280mm with g60 54mm calipers or 256mm with the 16v scirocco carriers and 54mm calipers (have this setup on my daily driver) carriers can be had from the states for not too much bother

Back to the top
i also have a full front brake setup from a mk2 golf 16v (disks, pads, calipers, carriers) so i may look for carriers then, as not to keen on the whole adapter idea to be honest. or porsche calipers would be a nice option, is there any porsche calipers that are prefered to use? or any porsche caliper? how do they differ??
thanks

Back to the top
Comes down to budget, best porsche option is 996 rear calipers with 280mm g60 discs, i actually have a setup im going to be selling soon but probably over your budget

Back to the top
budget is not to much of an issue, just want it to stop the best i can as only want to do the brakes the once. what sort of money for your whole setup you will be selling? and what are you selling?? thanks

Back to the top
any one used these guys for brakes? after 256mm carriers from a scirocco 16v which they seem to do for
£25.27 each part number (BCC9096) (VW 90- CAR1RIER) any advice welcomed
thanks

Back to the top
Think you forgot to post the link mate, what happened to the ones i put you on to?

Back to the top
well this is the website Brake Parts for Cars then you click shop on line,

smokey_gti i have pm'd that guy and replied on the forum but am still waiting for a reply, so fingers crossed, thank you, i am also thinking i may do the same caliper setup on my other mk1 with 2.0 16v abf in it so extra set of carriers from that website would be handy if they would fit

Back to the top
let us know how you get on, if they are proper rocco 16v carriers for £25 thats a bit of a bargain!

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
i have found a car that may have the carriers on its a 1983 Wr Engine Quattro will these fit ???????? for 256mm brake setup just the carriers needed

Back to the top
pretty certain they will, its the older square shape from ashes to ashes right? sunroof will be a tilt n slide which fits mk1/2 golf too. can i buy it :lol:

Back to the top
i was told to look for an audi with mk1 golf door handles, then there the carriers you need, anyone know if this is correct ??

Back to the top
If money isn't really any bother to you why not go for something aftermarket?

Professional Motorsport Parts, Spares & Rally Equipment from Rally Design

If i had the money thats what i'd be going for without a doubt! :D comes in either 256 or 280mm disk options but both £440 then all you need is the pads to go in the calipers (which for some very strange reason they don't supply with the kit) :s

Running 1.8t power i'd go for those… I think i saw a Tarox kit on a VW tuning website too? But can't for the life of me remember where it was

Hope this helps

Also early Audi 80 carriers can be used to fit 256mm 16v Calipers to you're MK1 ? < I think?

Back to the top
yeah that handles thing sounds about right actually, pretty sure after the audi we need they switched to the pull up handles. good one never thought of that :)

Back to the top
Once you have checked a car has 256mm vented discs if in doubt about the carriers measure the bolt spacing on the carrier where it mounts to the hub it should be about 75mm centre to centre if they are correct
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.