Skip navigation

280 mm g60 brakes 1.3 mk1

Back to the top

280 mm g60 brakes 1.3 mk1

Back to the top
Yes, it would have fitted. That particular auction ended 3 days ago though. The pics don't show discs, you'd need these too.

Back to the top
its alright mate it was me who won it , i was just making sure . probs should have checked b4 lol . cheers mate!

Back to the top
you will need a new servo and the larger 22.2mm master cylinder from a mk2 16v golf though... as even with the stock gti master cylinder the pedal becomes very long!

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
aye i found a master cylinder , just having trouble findin a servo

Back to the top

braemarboy said

aye i found a master cylinder , just having trouble findin a servo

servo - any mk2 from the scrappy should be a 9" diameter one, it doesnt have to be a gti one iirc, and esp not a 16v one.

on the master cylinder if you have a second hand one make sure you have the reservoir that holds the fluid and check the seals very carefully where the reservoir pushes in…I got a cheap master cylinder and servo as a pair, fitted and it was never right then one of the seals holding the resivior gave up and started to leak fluid at a rapid rate if it was moved - luckly I noticed this on the drive - so rather than replace the seals I just got a brand spanking new mc with seals included from GSF for ?34 and then cleaned the reservoir out by filling with brake cleaner when off the car, shaking around alot and then emptying, and repeating untill clean.

this made the brakes even better as the old MC was a little bit past its best tbh, so worth keeping in mind…it maybe worth spending an extra ?30 on a new mc.

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech

Back to the top
not any mk2 servo, 1.0-1.6 carby models had a 7" servo.
All 1.8 carb, GTI & 16v all got the bigger 9"servo though, and I believe all automatic and diesel models got the 9" servo too.

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
does the 7" one still take the 22.2mm master cylinder? or is the 7" one the same as the mk1 gti servo and will only take the easier style master cylinder? as if it will take any then thats surely the best of both worlds!

Back to the top
the 7" should take a 22mm mc, after all the smaller MK2 mc fits both the 7" and 9". not sure how that would make it the best of both worlds though  :lol:

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.