Skip navigation

1989 GTI Cabby Steering Wheel

Back to the top

1989 GTI Cabby Steering Wheel

Excuse my ignorance but can anyone tell me what steering wheel it should have?
as aforementioned, its a 1989 G' reg Cabby GTI

and even better, if anybody has one they want to off load, let me know…  :lol:

Cheers in advance

:D

Back to the top
Check out the classifieds mate, you'll find some in there i'm sure  :lol:  

I have 2 of these and they both have the same standard leather gti steering wheel - my black one is full black one (black to your red) I.E. black car, black leather, door cards, roof etc so I guess yours would be the same

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top

Back to the top
i have asked a question to that seller on ebay.. that wheel is the small spline... would that be the correct one for an 89 cabby? for some reason i thought mine was a large spline..

Back to the top

MikeyT said

Check out the classifieds mate, you'll find some in there i'm sure  :lol:  

I have 2 of these and they both have the same standard leather gti steering wheel - my black one is full black one (black to your red) I.E. black car, black leather, door cards, roof etc so I guess yours would be the same

is that the leather wheel with the one square horn push in the middle or the four circular horn pushes?

cheers

Back to the top
Hey ONeil, both of my cabs have the square push, I think that the link above in for the tin top - I had one of those on my first GTi, which was older so could be an age thing. As mentioned my 88 and 91 cabs have the square one so if I were you i'd go for that  8)

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black

Back to the top
ok great, thanks for your help.

That is the only thing on the car that is not original or VAG parts, (the previous owner didnt like the standard wheel) but personally i think the car is a great example and should be completely standard.

I'll have a peruse and see if i can find one, although i may be going to dubfreeze next weekend so might see if i can pick one up there. has anyone ever been? is it worth popping along to?

Back to the top

Dubfreeze

Can't really help you out with the wheel but it sounds like its now sorted.

However on the matter of Dubfreeze… its been over ten years sice I've been but i will be taking my new pride and joy '84 gti cabby along. Dubfreeze was always the one i used to look forward to. Its the first one of the year and was always well turned out. Back then i was an aircooled driver and cant remember what sort of turn out the watercooled had. There's something strange but enjoyable about going to a show when its grey, cold and probably raining.

Go for it.

1985 GL Cabriolet - Long Gone
Several GTI Tintops - Long Gone
Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian 2013 - Daily Workhorse

Back to the top

S/wheel

If u are still looking for the correct wheel,i have one! Its the one with large single square horn.As fitted to later cabs,infact its still in the car! Let me know if u are still looking!

Back to the top
yeh i am still looking... I have sent you pm.

Back to the top
Didn't even have to go looking  :lol:

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black

Back to the top
haha. Indeed
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.