Skip navigation

Classic Car Show 2005 NEC, Nov 4-6th - CLUB STAND!!

Back to the top

Classic Car Show 2005 NEC, Nov 4-6th - CLUB STAND!!

Right Chaps (esp. you kins, are you taking note of what happens behind the scenes?! :wink: )

I think I have got us (FREE!!!!) space at the Classic Car Show at NEC this November Fri 4th - Sun 6th. hopefully they are going to squeeze us in and will be pleased to have us at the show.

However, I need to get a booking form back ASAP. So, I need to know that if I book this people can attend. First off, I need volunteers for bringing cars. No guarantee yet on how many we can take but would say we would want minimum, a series 1 std, series 1 Gti, series 2 std, series 2 gti and not forgetting a cab or two! I will try for space for at least 6 cars.

Given the show starts on a Friday I would assume we would need to be up at the NEC on the Thursday too for set-up so people will have to take time off work.

Whilst the space will be free, it looks like we'll still have to pay entry but as club members will get ?5 off the door price. Plus, we can get ?1.50 back on every ticket stub we (as a club) return to them.

Please let me know, well like NOW! if you can guarantee attendance for the weekend with a car so I have a short list and know I wont be billy no mates on the stand!

Look forward to hearing bacl from ya! (Please post here, not pm and I'll see all at once, cheers! :wink: )

EDIT Just had further confirmation that we WILL get 2x exhibitor passes per car displayed plus 2 or so extra for stand organisers so it wont cost you to show your car, only to visit but with the discounted club rates. Space is not 100% confirmed yet but looking very likely we'll get some. Will know in the coming few weeks

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I've been to that show for the last couple of years - really enjoy it. I'll be there for sure, but don't have anything show-worthy unfortunately :(  Only an unfinished Helios Blue Mk1 and slightly rough Caddy Sport  :)
Discount on tickets would be much appreciated though (!)
Cheers,
Mark.

Back to the top
Can we come if we do not have a MK1 to Show :cry:

Thanks

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Can we come if we do not have a MK1 to Show :cry:

Thanks

Of course!!

The idea is that we get the space to exhibit for free plus entry discount for ALL club members (Club members, not forum members so get your ?10 paid!! :wink: ) on the basis we promote the show within the club and basically get people in through the door.

As I said, I would ideally want about 6 cars on the stand assuming they give us enough space but other than that it's a case of the more the merrier turning up for what should be a good day out! 8)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
My Dosh is already innn this morning :mrgreen:

SO hope fully i will be coming :dance:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
mine looks pretty standard with the bonnet shut :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i will have my standard mk1 gti s2 ready in 1 month and i can bring the cabrio so count me in, also i can make it on the thursday too, let me know so i can book it off,

Darren

Back to the top
Thanks lads - once we've got cars on the stand they will have to stay there until end of show so please only put yourself/your car forward if you can be there (or at least your car) for Thurs-Sun.

As soon as I have confirmation that we have space and the size will finalise which of you lucky people get to show off your pride and joy! :wink:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Can I come too!  I live near to the NEC and my car is in good nick. As below but the RM's now have black centres with silver BBS badges (& black vw badge) - does this qualify? Hope to see you all at Gaydon anyway…….cheers mark.

Back to the top
count me in if you can,can attend all days,i can bring my 95 n reg cab wich is as good as new and totally standard(never had a radio fitted from new!)its a limited edition toscano in violet pearl and never seen rain! :roll:

Back to the top
All sounds good guys - keep em coming and you'll all be put on the short list!

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Sadly I won't be able to help with the supply of a car as mine is still off the road, but hopefully will be able to get along for one of the days (probably the Friday, judging by last year).

If you haven't been to this event before I can HIGHLY recommend it as there are some amazing cars there and all sorts of tools / equipment being demonstrated. This is where I saw the Hamer car lift being demo-ed last year which persuaded me to buy, but loads to see otherwise.

Friday is probably the best day IMHO as you avoid a lot of the crowds which means its easier to get around and the stands are less busy which gives you more opportunity to chat to people on them.

Better get my club subs paid  :D

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Top work Hairyarse! :D  I would offer to put my car forward but she has light mods. 8)  I'll be there at the show though, sounds great!

Keep up the good work! :clap:

Don't worry I'll keep pushing you :twisted:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Many of the cars at the show have mods, so I wouldn't worry about that. They're not all in mint condition either. If you think of the type of cars that appear in Practical Classics, Retro Cars and the like, that's the sort of stuff you're likely to see at the NEC. The vintage motors are there, but loads more 'modern classics' than other shows IMO.
Cheers,
Mark.

Back to the top
Cool maybe I could bring mine! :P
Hairyarse :dontknow: ?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

Cool maybe I could bring mine! :P
Hairyarse :dontknow: ?

To be honest, I wasn't planning on having only standard cars on show, I think there needs to be a suitably modded car on the stand. A lot will depend on what space we get (if any but looks likely!) plus who can devote their car for the Thursday - the Sunday

As soon as space is confirmed and finalised I'll be hassling for cars!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Kins Wrote :

Cool maybe I could bring mine!   :P   
Hairyarse  ? :dontknow:

How would you sit still for 3 days Kins   :lol:

Back to the top
FYI - I can leave mine from Thur to Sun as its not a daily drive - cheers Mark.

Back to the top
I have a standard S1 GTI complete with original tartan interior etc. i can display it for the full weekend if theres a spot for me. :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.