Skip navigation

2011 First BRISTOL / SWEST meet - who's free this sunday :-)

Back to the top

2011 First BRISTOL / SWEST meet - who's free this sunday :-)

Hi Guys.

Hope everyones good and looking forward to another cracking show season :-)

Ive been manic at work but wanted to try and get together the interest for a Bristol meet and also, although its short notice, see who maybe up for Cruise To The Prom Weston Super Mare THIS SUNDAY! 17th April 2011.

http://www.cttp.co.uk/index.php?page=cruise

Ive looked through old threads and stuff and people from old meets, and people i think might be interersted include:

Juss
VeedubJay
Neo
AlexGti
Mixerman
Blans
Haywire
N11KGH
tuffy
daddyrob
Jusham
supermole
Sparkstu
Arf333
TimHale

Now i am bound to have left people out, not thought of some etc, but everyones welcome not only from the southwest, but if you  Welsh boys/girls wana come across and any one from the UK come down for a meet the more the merrier !

So could we first get a list of who's up for sunday

Cruise To The Prom SUNDAY 17th APRIL 2011

1. Richyhill
2. Alex Gti (shown interest tbc)
3. TimHale (shown interest tbc)

And then could people post up whether a weekend or a weeknight meet would be best for them and then maybe we could look at meeting up end of April / Early May ?

We got a good group together last year, and with some newbie's in the area, and Bristol Volksfest being a great show, i think we can get a good representation for the club toghether from the soutwest :-) and have a good laugh this year doing some different stuff at meets, sunday dinner, bowling, cruise to some nice places, etc etc

look forward to hearing from you guys

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
i'm up for it

1983 mk1 Golf GTI

Back to the top
1. Richyhill
2. alexGti

3. TimHale (shown interest tbc)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Hmm I could get involved.  Will see if I can get someone else to take the little one to football…

Back to the top
I'll be on the cruise and on the lawns with the kerbside kustom dub club. Ill have my blue rivage cabby and hopefully my orange t4 there too. Come and say hello, it's time I met a few peeps on here.

Mk1 Rivage Cabby on coilovers + VR6 Brakes

Back to the top
Sorry rich off to touring cars on sunday.  :(

Back to the top
I'm up for Sunday if the weather holds

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
1.Richyhill
2. alexGti
3. TimHale (TBC)
4. Neo283 (TBC)
5. arf333

Im not sure everyones location, AlexGti from memory are you portishead/clevedon way? what about meeting at Gordano Services for around 9am? we should then be to Brean by 10 ish tops? sound o.k or n e one got another meeting place suggestion ?

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Kerbside, we will make sure we come over and say hello.

Right everyone on the list at top has had a PM, so im hoping we can pencill in a big get together at some point in the next month, lots of nice places to drive and meet in Bristol so should be a god one, if you can think of anyone else please direct them to this thread.

Cheers, Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
i live in portishead but i will most likely be coming from bristol on sunday. 9am seems dangerously early for a sunday morning but i'll do my best

1983 mk1 Golf GTI

Back to the top
Lol, i know i could do with a lay in Sunday, the cruise leaves brean at 11am, but i was thinking better to be there a bit earlier, and hopefully enjoy the sun then be late, we can hang about at Gordano for a bit as well then just to make sure everyone is there.

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
NEO ! try and come along mate just realised you have the cabby up for sale :-(

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Hey guys  nice to c everyone in good spirits. I'm up for it. Count me in. So are we going on a mini cruise to join a bigger cruise. What's the full plan?

In Dorset, a "technical" usually involves bailer twine and a lump hammer…….

Back to the top

richyhill said

NEO ! try and come along mate just realised you have the cabby up for sale :-(

Yeah I'll give it a go like.

Got to sell the cabby mate!  Need to save the pennies and weather like this should see decent cash changing hands!

Back to the top
1.Richyhill
2. alexGti
3. TimHale (TBC)
4. Neo283 (TBC)
5. arf333
6. haywire

PLAN FOR SUNDAY

There isnt really one but how about this ? …..

9.00 - 9.30 am - Everybody aims to meet at Gordano Services.

9.30-10.15 - Travel down to meeting point Brean.

11.00 - Leave Brean and head down with all the other V Dubs to the Lawns at W-S-M.  

then have a look around at motors, go further mk1 spoting :-), fish and chips, ice cream etc ? i can have a look at the new pier as not seen it yet! and whatever everyone wants to do?

How does that sound ?

Or if people dont want early start we could leave the cruise and just meet up at like 11 onwards and head striaight down to Weston, just thought cruise looks good and for charity ? …

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
it would be cool to do the cruise. i think the cruise a few years ago went through portishead, there was a lot of cars

1983 mk1 Golf GTI

Back to the top
hi just got your PM from here -

i would love to come - my prob is its my mates 21st on the sat. and i dont expect to be in a sutible driving state in the morning.

but if something goes wrong and i dont end up that drunk then i will try to get there - just cant promise.:(

Back to the top

veedubjay said

hi just got your PM from here -

i would love to come - my prob is its my mates 21st on the sat. and i dont expect to be in a sutible driving state in the morning.

but if something goes wrong and i dont end up that drunk then i will try to get there - just cant promise.:(

I'm in a similar position, hangover permitting

1983 mk1 Golf GTI

Back to the top
Sounds like a plan. Up for mass mk1 exodus and Weston invasion . Sweet.

In Dorset, a "technical" usually involves bailer twine and a lump hammer…….

Back to the top
Rich if you are really quick then you may be able to reserve a club plot on the lawns. Details on cttp.co.uk or pm me and I'll give you the organisers number.

Mk1 Rivage Cabby on coilovers + VR6 Brakes
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.