Skip navigation

Its out of the garage

Back to the top
So the car has been in my garage for a few weeks, having some much required pampering.

I have stripped all the old suspension and replaced with the following

* Bilstein Shocks front and rear
* Eibach Lowering springs
* New dust covers and shorter bump stops
* New top mounts front and rear
* New Bolts

It has improved the ride no end, the suspension setup that came off was shot.

I also changed the ATF fluid, with new gasket and strainer. Many thanks to chortle for the guide :), also replaced the rocker cover gasket, fitted a new radio oh and changed the wheels…

Whilst i still have a whole heap of things left to do im pleased with it so far.

IMG_1288.jpg

Back to the top
Looking great  :thumbs:

82 golf cabrio (long term project)
83 golf driver (now a gti)
87 mk1 caddy
2004 landrover defender
2014 landrover defender 

Back to the top
Good work! Especially in this heat.

Back to the top
That's a shiny car..
I did notice your side tension cables must have snapped as the roof is quite high up at the sides as it should be level with the black plastic.

You can buy new cables or make your own and it is possible to feed the new cable along the channel in the roof skin when it's on the car as I've done it a couple of times.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Did you fit Bilstein B4 shocks with the Eibach springs?

Back to the top

mark1gls said

That's a shiny car..
I did notice your side tension cables must have snapped as the roof is quite high up at the sides as it should be level with the black plastic.

You can buy new cables or make your own and it is possible to feed the new cable along the channel in the roof skin when it's on the car as I've done it a couple of times.

Yeah they are missing completely its another job on my list ha, are they straight forward to replace?

Im speaking to Chortle today as im looking to get it all replaced anyway

Back to the top

stichill99 said

Did you fit Bilstein B4 shocks with the Eibach springs?

i did
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.