Skip navigation

Mk1 Wolfsburg Edition

Back to the top
I've been a life long mk1 fan and am now a proud owner. I picked mine up off ebay and am quick to say it needs a bit of work. I've seen a previous post about when the Wolfsburg Edition was introduced and someone said it was for the Mk2. I have a big original sticker on the rear glass saying Wolfsburg Edition along with the steering wheel. I guess I'm just wondering if this makes the car that little bit more special? Appreciate any thoughts on this! Screenshot_20200927-210013_eBay.jpg

Back to the top
Hi and welcome,
There has been a lot of debate in these forums about this being a special model, no conclusion seems to of been reached at all. All the tin tops were built at Wolfsburg.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I think the sticker, if on the glass, is just some 3rd party thing from the 90s?

Early and basic steering wheels had the Wolfsburg emblem on them, a stylised wolf on top of a castle

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Thanks for the replies. I'll take a decent photo when the cover is next off! Hadn't realised all the tin tops were built in Wolfsburg. The sticker looks original as if from the date it was manufactured. Will get a photo up when I can anyway. I don't suppose you guys know of anywhere I could get 2 OEM wings? Not the replicas
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.