Skip navigation

Hi I have just bought a 1986 golf gti cc Cabriolet. This car has been sitting for six years and not started . 

Back to the top

Hi I have just bought a 1986 golf gti cc Cabriolet. This car has been sitting for six years and not started .  I have just started on normal things changed the battery for a new one , pumped all old fuel and removed fuel pump from the boot replaced it as

Problème 

Hi I have just bought a 1986 golf gti cc Cabriolet. This car has been sitting for six years and not started .  974DA288-EAC7-4A82-BA59-6DF854369AFC.jpeg

I have just started on normal things changed the battery for a new one , pumped all old fuel and removed fuel pump from the boot replaced it as the rubber pipes where disinterred away . So replaced pipes and put it back in the tank . New 98 fuel . Changed plugs got a good spark on all four . Dropped the oil and filter . Opened a fuel line on fuel filter under the bonnet on the right turned the key got good pressure with fuel squirt ing everywhere. Opened air filter cleaned all out .,took the k Bosh injection of the air box and paddle to check the control plunger for the fuel . Realized it as was jammed. Moving nicely now put all back together. And still just turns but does not fire . I have a spark . I have put petrol down spark plug port and car fires up then dies . So show it is not getting fuel in my eyes spark plugs are dry when trying to start . 

It just does not fire . Does anyone know where to go next ? 

Does anyone know if you lossen one of the metal injection pipes on the top of the bosh unit when you turn the key should it have pressure and spray petrol out ? Because it doesn't do the from there . There is petrol but there but looks like not being pushed down the injector line to the injectors . 

If anyone has any experience and knowledge that would help me with my next steep - Things to test Eg injectors , cold start etc . 

Thank you 
Danny 
61F59E89-BCF0-4F9F-B86B-5EF9FAD5994F.jpeg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.