Skip navigation

1983 restro PD130 project

Back to the top

Progress pics of my 1983 LB5A golf with a PD130 conversion

So my last topic didn't really go very far so I thought I'd start a new one as it has come on so far since my last update! 

Back to the top
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Looks a good project. What's your plans?

Matt

Back to the top
Looking good!

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Looks a good project. What's your plans?

Matt

1.9TDi pd130 with a couple fancy bits, should make 200bhp and 410 lbft narco turning recon, 280mm front brakes, 6n2 GTi rear, 5 spd 02a box with hydro clutch, CG Motorsport paddle clutch with single mass flywheel.. Etc 

Back to the top

Sach said

Looking good!

Thanks dude!!!

Back to the top

Willcrook8 said

1.9TDi pd130 with a couple fancy bits, should make 200bhp and 410 lbft narco turning recon, 280mm front brakes, 6n2 GTi rear, 5 spd 02a box with hydro clutch, CG Motorsport paddle clutch with single mass flywheel.. Etc 

Nice!   :thumbs:

I bet that will be great fun! I hope you've got plenty of spare front tyres to cope with 410 lbft though!!

Back to the top
Looks like you've got access to a good garage setup too with plenty of space to work around the car  :wub:

Back to the top
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Made a bit of progress!  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Did some work to a beam I had lying around and these were the results  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Tucking 15x8.5 with plenty of room! The 10j BBS' should fill the arches pretty well 😜

Back to the top

Pretty awesome man..

Posted at work…

Back to the top
Really nice. Are you going to do 2 tone? Or is it just how it looks at the moment.

Sent from a phone, please excuse all the medium steaks. Stupid autocorrect!!

Back to the top

mike.d1979 said

Really nice. Are you going to do 2 tone? Or is it just how it looks at the moment.

Sent from a phone, please excuse all the medium steaks. Stupid autocorrect!!

That's just primer dude, if you make the primer whatever colour you're painting it then the paint will cover easier and you'll use less paint! 

Back to the top
Nice to see another tin top being saved! :)
Look forward to seeing the progress on this, love a derv mk1.

Back to the top

Willcrook8 said

That's just primer dude, if you make the primer whatever colour you're painting it then the paint will cover easier and you'll use less paint! 

Ahh, yeah that makes sense. Although from the look of that rear shot, it would look awesome in 2 tone  :wub:

Back to the top
IMG_0108.JPG IMG_0116.JPG IMG_0119.JPG IMG_0189.JPG

Back to the top
IMG_1213.JPG IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1235.JPG IMG_1237.JPG IMG_1238.JPG IMG_1239.JPG

Wheels fit really well, will paint the last panels (epoxy primer on the wings) then the shell is basically done 

Back to the top
Looking very nice on those wheels  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

Drivable? Looks crazy man.. good stuff..

Reg Kevin

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.