Skip navigation

1980 Mk1 Cabby GLI

Back to the top
 Hi all, as described in my welcome thread, here is my Mk1 Cabby!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980-Volkswagen-Golf-mk1-Convertible-GLI-Motd-and-taxed-/321223004634?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aca6211da#ht_1395wt_1170

( Will upload proper pics at the weekend!!)

First thing i did today was check for rust…… Success!! Checked in all the usual places, suspension turrets, spare wheel well, rear valance front panel sills filler neck etc etc and not a spot. The only places it has rust is the bottom of the roof around the back,  only slight surface bubbling though, the passenger door as some quite bad rust around the door handle and there is a little bit on the rear quarter panel, again I think its only surface but still. Bonnet is shot, catch is F**kd and it is quite rusty underneath aswell as having a few dents in the top. Arches and sills seam to be fine, no water inside indicating roof in good nick!

Rear shocks are completely shot but thats fine as im looking at some coilovers on fleabay at the moment!!

Will update with more progress soon, as I said in my welcome Im open on ideas to this project, its my first ever project car so not really sure what to do first!!

Max

Back to the top
Good price. Good luck with the build:)

Back to the top
Good luck with the project mate. :)

Back to the top
Right, insured the car temporarily for 1 week  (£12) :o  So I can move it to my workshop legally :cool:  obviously could not resist taking it for a few drives first though, Had a couple of little problems I picked up on, Oil warning siren sounding even though I made sure it is at the right level before the journey, also indicators have stopped working, Its not the flasher unit as the hazards still work fine, THe indicator light seems to be permanantly on in the dashboard, and does not flash as usual when indicator stalk is moved. Other than that sweet as a nut! if  anyone has any advice on the indicator problem let me know!! Will update when I get it in the workshop and start stripping it down.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.