Skip navigation

1800 auto cab now MOT'd

Back to the top
hey all, I have been working away on my mk1 over the past year. Wiring has been my main battle, as it had previously been a tad bodged. When i got the golf it was full of water so after replacing the roof and all the under-carpet insulation and other bits and bobs relating to the moisture. Bit of an overhaul underneath with new brakes and exhaust brake lines etc. Thankfully Chris Quick is both a mate and a fountain of mk1 knowledge, so has been on many video calls with me trying to figure out WTH is going on haha. Thanks Chris.

Anyway on its second attempt she passed her MOT last monday and I finally drove her to work. I dont know if many have driven a 1.8 3 speed auto from 1987 but they take some getting used to…..or swapping, so im already thinking about potential swaps….then man maths has kicked in and im thinking if i want to swap the engine and gearbox, and do a manual conversion, then I'd upgrade the brakes and a bunch of other stuff I might look to sell this and look for a tintop project…..cant decide…..I think i like the tinkering and doing them up side of mk1s, so another project doesnt bother me. Would be great to get some thoughts.

Anyway her she is after the first drive to work

Last edit: by stuartcw

Back to the top
cant figure out how to post pics haha, getting 'http error'
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.