Skip navigation

1982 mk1 gl cabriolet chrome strips

Back to the top

1982 mk1 gl cabriolet chrome strips

hi guys and gals,im needing to track down the chrome that runs along the top of the rear quarter on my dads 1.6gl cabriolet as the ones that came of the car when we stripped it to restore the car have been seriously damaged and cant be used,i think the chrome goes between the body and the rear glass seal if that makes sense?,its been that long since we stripped the car down neither of us can remember how it went on but i definitely know it isnt the waistline trim :lol:
any help is greatly appreciated as it'll stop my dad getting on at me about it and we can then get it booked into the paint shop for a fresh coat of mars red as we'll have every part there for the rebuild

thanks
marc

mwalker

Back to the top
50£ for a complete set, 8 pieces.

96' CITI Golf
92' US Collectors Edition
91' Caddy G60
82' GTi 16v
82' US GTi
82' JETTA
78' 1.5 GL

Back to the top
Cilitkas, I have just tried to see your eBay shop and it does not find it on your www tab. I may also be interested in a set of these for my series 1 tin top. Are they a new set you sell or second hand. Also what sort of condition are they Ian dn have you got them for tin top also. Mine are black and in very good condition but as the car is black, chrome would be better.
Cheers.

Can't beat a German car

Back to the top
thats an old link, here is my shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/VAG-Garage

them are used in good condition but would need polishing up.
also got the black ones.
dont have any trims for tin top, sorry.

96' CITI Golf
92' US Collectors Edition
91' Caddy G60
82' GTi 16v
82' US GTi
82' JETTA
78' 1.5 GL

Back to the top

glass rubber chrome stirps

hi mate, I've got a 83' cabrio that's been broken, I've got the chrome strips that run around the glass rubbers as there still fitted on the car, I would have to check there condition.
  I've got earley Waist line trim's/rubbing strips, the wide black one's with chrome centre strip & sum hard top thin black one's, I did have a set of thin chrome one's but can't find umm.

Back to the top
hi cheers for the replys
d76n how much for the chrome trim round the glass at the rear as its that we need,its the strip that clips to the body and the rubber seal goes over it if you know what i mean,it would be brilliant if you had them and were in usable condition as it would shut my dad up for a wee while:lol:,
if you have them pm a price please and we'll go from there

thanks
marc

mwalker

Back to the top
hi mate, checked um and there not that great,  loads of elbow grease mite bring um back to life tho.

Back to the top
pm'd you

mwalker

Back to the top
.........Pm sent

Back to the top
pm sent....ref window strips
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.