Skip navigation

1982 Mk1 GTI 1780cc

Back to the top

Now in Audi Classic Green but want it back to Black

CIMG7086.JPG

CIMG7085.JPG
CIMG7083.JPG
CIMG6980.JPG
Hello….I have a 1982 Mk1 which 20 years ago my son persuaded me to change the colour but I want to put it back to its original colour…I believe she is quite rare in that for twelve months only VW put the 1781cc fuel injection engine into the Mk 1 shape before they went to Mk 2….The mileage is original …unfortunately since these pictures she has been stuck in my garage untouched and unloved…I just would like help in sourcing a good VW Car Enthusiast Restorer in the Lancashire area or farther afield if necessary ..I have the original Pirelli P5 Alloys CIMG7082.JPG

Back to the top
Welcome, the 1781cc engine was from 1982 to 1984, probably the most common version still on the road today.
Dano Wmk1rickdale or 36thcrazyfist might be able to help with restorer recommendations.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Morning,
I was away on holiday when you originally posted up and I missed the tag.

Whereabouts are you in Lancashire?? I've used a few garages over the years.

For mechanical I now use Weldbank Garage, Saville Street, Chorley 01257 263993. Tony there really knows his Bosch injection stuff and will set the car up correctly.

For my engine bay respirated last winter I used Trident Paint and Body Centre, St Albans Road, Lytham St Annes 01253 729103. The lads there are very easy to deal with and nothing is too much trouble. No issues with storage etc if the job isn't urgent.  Ask for Rob, he's the Boss. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.