Skip navigation

New and clueless guys!

Back to the top
Hi guys, thought i’d best introduce myself first as just joined today!

I hope you don’t frown on me for joining this great forum as I don’t currently have a mk1 Golf! However, being a dinosaur at 55 years old, I have owned a few in the past including a silver Campaign which I so wish I still had now.

I am however a very active and proud member of the Caddy2k forum on the same username and own a 2010 Caddy that I have converted to a 3.6 VR6 dsg and just in the process of completing a 4 wheel drive haldex conversion for it.

Clearly a massive VAG fan, i’ve just bought a 30 year old mk1 Caddy to renovate and will be looking also for a mk1 Golf to renovate in due course! All this to keep me occupied in early retirement!

My hope is to get some support to renovate my newly acquired one previous owner mk1 Caddy 1.6 diesel which is untouched with no modifications (other than lowered) and original paint in white. Fair bit of welding to do and all the interior but really very straight and solid where it counts.

Here is a pic of both my Caddy R36 and Caddy mk1 as it is now and how it was.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you and share/contribute to this fine forum!

Thank you

Hef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Hi and welcome!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Wow! What a quick response! Thank you Ade and look forward to meeting some like minded enthusistas

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Hi and welcome loving the caddy I have one I’m doing up as well. What plans have you got for it

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Hi and thanks for the welcome wilko mate!

Ahh brill what pick up have you got and what colour/mods? To be honest, as it’s untouched and a one previous owner i’m torn with refurbishing it to fairly standard spec but a low stance keeping the little diesel engine or going completely the other way and going big power and air!

Hoping to get some inspiration for it on the forum and source some parts so any suggestions truly welcome!

Thank you mate

Back to the top
welcome

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Thank you Kenneth

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Glad to announce, that after just establishing, the £20 fee to be a member, i’ve more than gladly paid up and looking forward to being part of this fine establishment!

Back to the top
Welcome along mucker,

Thanks for becoming a member too, although with the amount of stuff you'll be needing to buy the discounts will deffo outweigh the fee  :lol:  :lol:

Looking forward to the build thread.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Thank you Ian mate for the much appreciated welcome! I’m really looking forward to making and meeting (when we’re allowed) new friends with like minded people!

I’ve just opened a thread on current condition and any advice would be really welcome!

Cheers buddy

Hef

Back to the top
Hef355  Yep seen your thread. I chucked it down to the 'Other cars and Projects' section mate.

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Cheers Ian! It’ll take some time to navigate the forum and I apologise before hand if i make some errors!

All the best

Hef

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

This is mine a little 1.6 petrol with a Webber carb going to flip axel next. I also not sure what to do with a power plant. Paint work isn’t the best as I sprayed it my self and was first time trying

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Ahh lovely colour that Wilko mate! What year is yours mate and was there much rust on it? Yep im torn between keeping it standard and just lowering it or going big power and air. Ive already converted my Caddy 2k to R36 dsg and 4 motion so don’t really need another fast van but as i have a second R36 lump im tempted lol!

Keep me posted on the refurb buddy and thanks for your response

Hef

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Mines 1988 E reg no rust now spent ages sorting the rust out I have a little build thread on here aswell. The colour is vw bramble as I have always love the colour on the vr6 Corrado

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Ah would love to see the build thread mate do you have a link to it?

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Not sure how u link on Tapatalk it’s in other cars and projects and called wilkos caddy

Back to the top

New and clueless guys!

Great stuff! I’ll ave a search mate thanks!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.