Skip navigation

When life gives you Lemony

Back to the top

Hey guys my name is Sian!

Had my MK1 Golf GLS 1981 Series 2 - Lemon Yellow for about 3 years now.
1.5 Carb
40mm Low
No other mods - keeping it as original as I can (without looking like a monster truck) ;)I bought it from a dude who lived on the Isle of Wight and I have the full history of it from the date of sale.

It's a good little run around, but in need of some TLC. I've been on and off travelling for a while and the car hasn't ever been fixed 'properly'.

Feel free to follow me on instagram @whenlifegivesyoulemony_ for some pictures and watch as I'll be trying my hand at mechanics on a pure novice level…

The MOT was a colourful list of fails - but easy fixes so I'm taking it off the road for a month and getting everything sorted (mostly professionally) as I want to keep it running while I tinker and learn myself.

The plan is to restore it as near to original as possible :)Any questions please ask!

And hello :)
49A288DC-7A36-4B9E-B353-43106DAB793C.JPG

Back to the top
Hi and welcome to the forum, plenty of help and support on here when you need it. don't forget the Google Search box, normally when you scroll right down to the bottom part of the forum depending on what device you are using, works really well.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
And here is a link to a brochure for the 1981 Golf

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=galleries&type=misc&id=1981_golf

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Welcome Sian

Great pic!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Following you on instagram Sian and looking forward to seeing more of the yellow golf. You're in good company with that colour on this forum!

Back to the top
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

And especially thanks Richard for the brochure link! What a dream!

Back to the top
Welcome Sian.
Great looking Series 2!  :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.