Skip navigation

Newbie from Belfast

Back to the top
Hi all from sunny Belfast

Bought 1985 GTi cabby few months back and getting ready for MOT in June.
Think have added car to my profile ok.

Its my first mk1, have had few mk2s and mk3s over the years - my daughter wrote off my last mk3 in Jan :( 5 hours after passing her test!

Enjoying reading up all the old posts - lots of good stuff.

Doing lots of fairly easy stuff so far - new brakes, suspension, bushes etc all round.
But now need to replace leaking fuel pipes. Pricing up new hoses on http://www.classic-vw.co.uk & crazyquiff and thinking probably good idea to become full member to benefit from discounts etc so wanting to know what sort of discount we get.

Also thinking on making the fuel lines myself from 8mm kunifer - getting lend of decent flaring tool so wondering any tips on the sharp 90 deg bend where it passes through hole in chassis leg near engine bay - was tricky to remove old pipes and ended up having to cut pipes in 2, so guessing might need to pass new pipes though hole then bend as I go???. Probably easier up on ramp but car just on axle stands.
Or bite the bullet and buy the braided hoses from crazyquiff?

Cheers
John

Back to the top
Welcome aboard John form a fellow NI golf nut (Ballymoney )  🥜 sadly haven't a Mk1 currently sold and still miss my Sportline , you'll have a wealth of info on here good bunch of blokes good luck 🍀 with your mk 1cabby …  

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.