Skip navigation

Back to the top
Afternoon guys,

New to the world of forums and still finding my feet so here it goes.

Ive owned my mk1 caddy for 6 years and have been re building her from the ground up (still along way to go) but she is finally starting to get there.
I did have loads of pics of the build but due to I.T issues they are gone 😒

I have just just moved from Inverness Scotland to Salisbury Wiltshire so don't know any like minded folk so if your local give me a shout.

will upload pics of the caddy and some of the work I've just carried out.

Anyways cheers for reading this

Ro IMG_0094.PNG

Back to the top
Welcome Wattyro, nice looking caddy you have there, liking the side exit exhaust pipe. :thumbs:
What have you done to it?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

mark1gls said

Welcome Wattyro, nice looking caddy you have there, liking the side exit exhaust pipe. :thumbs:
What have you done to it?

Hi mate, just fresh paint the usual flipped axel and coilovers. Thanks it's a nice wee touch. Planning a Engine swap later in the year and I have a new bed to put in.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
That's a nice looking truck.

Bet you're loving the temp difference at the moment too! Must be like summer to you, I love Wilts and it'd be about the only place I'd move to from Cornwall.

Welcome to the forum mate. If you ever fancy a long trip you're more than welcome to pop down to one of our meets in Cornwall  :P

Ian  ;)

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Hello,

Nice looking Caddy..  hope to see many details of your caddy..
Any plans?

Wish you all the best with your car..

I still have your car as 1:18 Modellcar.. smile..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Back to the top
Hi and welcome

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top

Kenneth Cartwright said

Hi and welcome

Morning Kenneth thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Welcome Wattyro

Our membership gives great discounts if you're looking for parts or even insurance - https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=membership

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Ian she's getting there.

Aye I'm finally experiencing that thing called sunshine, my vitamin D count is at an all time high 😁

That's sounds like it could be a plan and I could finally get to surf Cornwall as well. Any exscuse for a road trip and a wee surf.

Back to the top

It's a good basic your caddy.. g60 wheels in black.. looks nice.. the tails turn around and change the outer glasses into white.. so you have red/white ones in full shining..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Back to the top
Hi guys sorry not been on for a while, work life usual stuff. 

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a descent painter/bkdyshop in the Wiltshire area. I've decided that I'm going to change the colour of the caddy at the end of the year and want to start shopping around. I don't want some matey in his garage claiming to be a painter tho. 

Cheers in advance. 

Back to the top
Lovely Caddy you got there, I've always wanted one in white but sticking with the Cabriolet for now.

Love the script on the tailgate, I have the same in badge form on the grill of my Mk2.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.