Skip navigation

Newbie with a GTI -83

Back to the top
Hi all. Newbie here from Sweden. Proud owner of a GTI 1983. Bought the car about 2 years ago with the intention of full restoration. 

Back to the top
Hello and welcome.  It would be good to see some pictures of your car when you get chance.  There have been a few early Mk1's advertised in UK as coming from Sweden in time warp condition, you must have less salt on your roads than we do.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
I don't think they use salt in Sweden. As its only useful down to about -6. Everyone has to go onto winter tyres.

Welcome to the club. I'm driving to Sweden next week to watch the WRC in Karlstad. Can't wait!

Back to the top
Welcome to the Club, look forward to seeing some pictures of yours!  :thumbs:

Keep an eye open for Yomp our chairman and his son, they'll be driving either a Mk2 Syncro or an R32, he hasn't made his mind up yet!  :lol:  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

Newbie with a GTI -83

Welcome
Yes let's see some pictures please…

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Thank's for the warm welcome everyone :$ I thought it was about time that i joined a community that appreciates the MK1 Golf as much as i do :thumbs: I would say that salt have been used the past 25 years or so here in Sweden, espcially in the southern part where it is a bit warmer during winter. Luckily, this car has however spent it hole life in Gotland where the use of salt is banned. 
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

This is what i have for now. Will post a couple more the following days.

Cheers

Back to the top
That looks superb,  with some excellent cars in the Garage to keep it company. I like the black panel between the rear lights, looks good against the white paint.

You even remembered the thin stripe on the tailgate - the front GTI badge could just do with being a little higher - sorry my OCD'ness!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Nice! Got to love a white one!

Thanks for the correction on the use of salt as well! I'll put an extra layer of wax oil on the mk2 before I come over next week!
:thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.