Skip navigation

VW Golf mk1 Wanted

Back to the top

Engine needs to run

hi,

im new and just joined. im looking for a project for me to have ready for the summer.

I only have a budget off £500 for the car all I ask is that the engine runs and the body has no serious damage.

Back to the top
Might find a soft top for that, but I would,nt think a tintop is very likely, but good luck with it.

Back to the top
Good luck, but highly unlikely to get a runner.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
I echo, the comments above. You'll really struggle to get one for that price. Even a cabby.

I've been looking for a cheap cabby to break for parts - and even the ones which are so bad they probably aren't even worth breaking are going for over £500.

Don't get me wrong, they are out there but very, very far and few between. All I can say is good luck!  :thumbs:

1992 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Blue Metallic - Long term project
1991 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Green Pearl - Sold

Back to the top
Hi

I'm a Newbi too and wondered what sort of money for a runner with work to do but MOT'd.

Cheers

Back to the top
Two hopes !!
First being Bob 
Second being No
But good luck anyway mate prices lately are just crazy even for rust buckets  O_o

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top
This months Practical Classic mag lists the MK1 Golf GTI at no 5 of 2015 top 10 price rises of affordable classics (excluding million pound Ferraris etc) with a 76.5% rise. MK 1 Sciroccos at no 3 with a 100% rise. This is dragging up non GTI and cars that would have been crushed a few years ago, so even rotten, non-standard, non-runners are making crazy £.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

This months Practical Classic mag lists the MK1 Golf GTI at no 5 of 2015 top 10 price rises of affordable classics (excluding million pound Ferraris etc) with a 76.5% rise. MK 1 Sciroccos at no 3 with a 100% rise. This is dragging up non GTI and cars that would have been crushed a few years ago, so even rotten, non-standard, non-runners are making crazy £.

That tends to match up figure wise with what I've seen last year and previous years even in Austria. 

Standard cars I could have picked up for a grand two years ago I can't touch them now for 2 1/2 or even 3.

Totally insane but the good news if any is the Cabby's are still an affordable buy and of course a whole lot more fun!   ;)  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.