Skip navigation

Hello from a non-owner

Back to the top
Hi all.

Just though I'd pop in and stick my head up and say hello. I don't have a mk1 now but i do have previous..

Started when I passed my test with a black 1.1LS,  which unfortunately had an 'unfall'. Then I got a 1.1 1975 N which lasted a while but in the end I couldn't keep up with the rust and sold it for a 1983 1.3 Driver. Which was demolished by a Citroen Visa. You should able seen the Visa though. After that and a VW Derby LS, I finally got my GTi. Oh what a fabulous car. Jet black 1.6 on mk2 steel wheels (I ditched the alloys as they were gopping aftermarket ones). It used to keep up with my mate's 1.6 Peugeot 205 gti easily. I really miss it and still wish the b***ards that stole it rot in hell, that was in '95. Been golfless since :(.

Still in the VAG camp with a mk2 Scirocco after the GTi and still have my 1.8t Beetle from 2002 along with an A2 for commuting. Maybe it's a midlife crisis, but I just can't get these beasts out of my head, so I thought I'd register here for a fix.

So hello.
Chris

Last edit: by keksekaempfer

Back to the top
Welcome aboard, maybe it's time for a new mk1 in your life   

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Welcome aboard! Your Mk2 Scirocco isn't too distant from a Mk1 Golf and seem pretty rare nowadays as well, came pretty close a few times to getting one. The A2 is interesting as well so ahead of its time, made the wrong decision once and bought a new Merc A Class instead of an A2 just because the A2 didn't have a rear wiper, and the Merc turned out to be really disappointing.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
For old times sake and just because we all love Mk1's here are my only memories.

Day I bought it.

And then a few years later. After someone had pinched the yellow grille trim :-/ and some new sills

Loved the Jetex exhaust too.

Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
I remember those alloys in the first picture, BBS Seral's  bet there aren't any in existence anymore.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Thanks for the welcome. I'd love another Mk1. I think it'd have to be a tintop rather than a cabrio, even though cabrios are a bit more sensibly priced in some cases. I do have a problem though. That 'thing' under the tarp is an MG Midget which I still have. Which still isn't on the road. What with University, house and family I always have better things to do :-/ I need to make space by finally getting it on the road. It's only needed sanding and painting for the last 20 years. :-O

One day it will happen.

As the the wheels on the GTI, They definitely were not BBS, maybe replicas of them, but I didn't like them and still don't really. I'd have preferred the originals Or P slots, like I had on the Scirocco.
The Scirocco was a good car too. Storm Grey Metallic GTS. I regret selling that too. £350 back in 2002. Now you can pick them up for £3000. I need a big garage to store all these cars I *should* own.

Chris

Back to the top
You are sounding very like me it's scary, looking at your car list that you have had

Golf Mk1
Derby
Beetle
and an MG Midget for serval years, not to forget the Scirocco and A2 I nearly bought, mind you having had 50 there is a fair chance there would have been some similarities!

image.jpeg

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.