Skip navigation

new guy

Back to the top
hi im new to the forum thought i would introduce my self. im dom ive recently brought a mk1 cabriolet. enjoying owning a mk1 ive had a few mk3's in the past and currenly using one as a daily whilst the mk1 is being worked on. 

Back to the top
Welcome to the forums :thumbs:

Be good to see a pic of your new cabrio :)

Banner

Back to the top
my golfs.jpg
mk1.jpg mk1 2.jpg mk1 3.jpg
this is what it looked like when i picked it up. its currently in pieces having new rear arches put on and ive dropped the engine to rebuild and clean up.

Back to the top
Welcome to the Club.
Do keep us updated with this project and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Welcome along :)

Banner

Back to the top
Welcome mate

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top
welcome buddy  :thumbs:

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

new guy

Welcome
White Zandvort wheels.
Nice.

Later model power windows and top? Will look great once it's done.
Great summer fun these cars. I'd recommend getting a windblokker, kills the cabin noise and wind pressure.

Cheers  

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
thanks for the welcome,
yer i like the wheels but unfortuantly it only came with three :( but ive got a set of p slots to be going on after i finish refurbing them.
no its got manual windows and roof, i will be getting a windbloker but im a bit far away to start thinking about that really. im just trying to sort the body work out as the previous owner had tried to do some repairs but its the worst fillering and paint ive ever seen also got a few rust patches that need to be sorted before the big respray!!
long way to go yet but should look real nice when done.

Back to the top

new guy

Just keep at it bud.
Sounds like you've got it planned in your head anyway.
Which is always good.

Yep a nightmare trying to clear up someone else's handy work.  But once it's done you'll have a well sorted cabby.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.