Skip navigation

New here, but an old timer with VW's :)

Back to the top
Hi all. New to the forum but have 20 years of vw ownership behind me……everything from beetles to mk4's so no stranger to the marque.
Current garage consists of a 86 mk1 cabriolet, on coilies and porsche teledials, an 84 mk1 jetta thats getting some extensive mods (more on this below) and a 76 bay window bus :)
Had the jetta coming up to 18 months and got pretty lucky with it as its a very straight car with little rust…never been welded and everything works….the downside is its an auto. Already done a few bits and pieces with it but this years ticket ran out last month so figured it was a good opportunity to take it off the road for some major work. Its currently stripped, and I have a big collection of parts and panels for it which include a 20v engine swap, s1 bumpers, staggered 7J/8Jx13 original twogates allycats, opening front quarter glass, a full length electric webasto roof (cut this in last week….nervewracking to say the least!), Polybush kit, dual bias pedal box….. Alfa momo leather seats, porsche script door handles, rear window blind, nardi woodrim wheel….list goes on……ive been collecting a while lol!
Plans includea mild bay shave and clean up, 20vt and 5 speed transplant, body and paint and some interior fettling :)
sure i'll be on here looking stuff up regularly so i'll get a build thread on the go soon as I get cracking on it proper.

Back to the top
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Look forward to seeing your build thread, sounds interesting!

Banner

Back to the top

ew said

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Look forward to seeing your build thread, sounds interesting!

Thanks :) well the goal is to do everything myself so it might get pretty interesting depending on the learning curve! ive done a tdi swap into a mk1 caddy previously so not to daunted by the 20v but paint and prep will be a new one lol

Back to the top
Welcome to the Club first of all. 
Please do post up some pictures when you get a chance!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
IMG_20150414_195045.jpg  The jetta as it sat until last months stripdown …. was bone stock when I got it but I got it on coilovers and picked up the allycats from a local vw owner who was sselling a jetta that I looked at before buying this one. Couldnt stretch to his asking price on the car but after I bought this one I remembered him mentioning the allycats he had so I rang him up and made an offer :)have since picked up some 8j's and a couple more 7j's so now have two full sets of staggereds. S1 bumpers came from Poland of all places and are aircraft grade aluminium so no issues with them rotting in our miserable climate. Car is currently stripped to a rolling shell and 1500 block and auto box is coming out this weekend so I can get started on the engine bay. I cut the ragtop in last weekend and it was well worth the stomach churning nerves from cutting a huge hole in the roof….fitted a treat and jjust awaiting me making the loom but a test with a lashed up test rig to a battery had it opening and closing perfectly :)Got the 20v lump…an AJH unit with an AGU throttle body to get shot of the drive by wire, 100mm shafts, o2a tdi box and mounts etc all ready to go …. just need to sort out management and the lambda side of the ecu loom as I didnt get it with the engine unfortunately……planning to run an immo defeated oe setup on a home brewed loom if I can find a guide on pinouts etc. long story short, ive got a lot of work ahead lol 

Last edit: by NaVaRrO

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.