Skip navigation

Newbie saying hello...

Back to the top
Hi All,

I have just joined the forum and thought I would say hello….my name is Mat and I live in the Reading area in Berkshire…I will apologise in advance for the waffle, just thought I would introduce myself.

I am a bit of an old duffer now, but some years ago when I was 19 I bought my first MK2 GTI 16v ('91, big bumpers, sunroof, e/windows etc.) and I absolutely loved it and this was when I could pop into the dealer and buy bits for it!….unfortunately that car came to a bit of an abrupt and premature end on the M4 so to replace it the company I worked for kindly bought me a brand new Seat Ibiza Cupra as a company car which I had for a couple of years; but the itch was not scratched….after the car went back I soon found another MK 2 16v big bumper etc. but this time in Oak Green (favourite MK 2 colour) and again was happy…. being young and impetuous though there was this new Impreza P1 released onto the market which at the time I had to have and at the time I couldn't afford to keep both….in hind-sight I regret letting that Golf go….

Anyway, my eldest boy turning 17, being armed with a drivers license and being a confirmed VW addict dragged me along to a show down at Goodwood earlier this year (Players I think it was called?) which was full of some fantastic stock and modified machines and it seems to have awoken what has been a sleeping beast for some years…I am now hoping to acquire a Mk 1 Golf GTI that will be a keeper this time! I am currently in negotiations with my finance director to secure sign off…. :)Cheers,
Mat

Back to the top
Hi and welcome to the forum.  Good luck with the search for your new toy!

Banner

Back to the top
welcome aboard the mad house, theres loads of info on here, if you need it just ask

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Chris

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.