Skip navigation

Back to the top

Hi all.  

I have a 1983 1.5 Lhasa (I think, still trying to find paint code) green cabriolet.  I have had her for 3 years.  Drove her for a while when I first had her but then took her off the road to do some work on her.  Unfortunatley, the two main enemies of dub owners, time and money, got in the way of that so she has been basically standing outside my house. Have decided its time to take the bull by the horns and get her back up and running.  One new battery and piece of pipe later and she started and ticked over like a dream.  Gave her a good wash and replaced the back light clusters yesterday and going to clean the interior today and she is booked in for her MOT on Tuesday.  Can't see anything else that might need doing at the moment but decided to send it to my friend's garage for a full check and see how we get on, so fingers crossed.

Loving all the pics of the cars on here  :D

Back to the top
Welcome to the site !!

Get some pictures up - Some guidance on how to do that can be found here:
How to post pictures

I am not sure that they did a Lhasa Green cabby - I think it was only a tin top colour.

This is mine in Lhasa Green:

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Welcome :)

Back to the top
Aaahhh maybe not Lhasa then but can't work out from the VW paint codes what colour green it is.  Will get some pics up and then maybe someone can help me.  The bonnet (by previous owners) has been scratched.  I think they rubbed it down and then didn't do anymore on it.  Its a shame as the rest of the paintwork is good and it really spoils the look of the car so I was thinking of respraying just the bonnet.

I also own a Tornado Red Mk2 1.6 diesel.  This needs far more work so I am considering breaking that although I have been toying with the idea of taking the engine out of the Mk2 and putting it into the Mk1.  And when I say "I", I really mean a nice little winter project for my Dad  :wink:

Back to the top
Welcome to the site get some pics up of your car :D we all love pics round here??

You ever been on cabby-info.com ? Really good website should be on every cabby owners favourites list :)
Heres a link to their paint code section might help you out
http://www.cabby-info.com/paintyears.htm

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Scott.  Haven't been to that website before.  Looking at their paint code section I think mine is Papyrus Green Metallic.  Will take some pics this afternoon and upload them and hopefully someone can tell me if I'm right.  And now added to my 'favourites'  :D

Back to the top
As promised, here are some pics.  Please bear in mind that she has been stood on my drive for 2 years and she has just been given a wash and a hoover out.

Trim missing on passenger door but was missing when I got her.  Looking out for replacement

You can see the scratches on the bonnet that I mentioned here

2 pieces of trim missing here but they are in the car and new clips are in the post

This, imo, is when she looks her prettiest (ignoring the sun glare on the camera lol)

Carpets and seats a little bit grubby but all still in good condition. Can someone clarify something.  Are these front seats from a Mk2?

All door cards still look like this

Hope you like the pics.    :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.