Skip navigation

NEWB with 1982 non sunroof lhasa green golf gti

Back to the top

NEWB with 1982 non sunroof lhasa green golf gti

i've been longing for some old school hot hatch action, i drive a 2 litre volvo estate everyday which i can only compare to driving a canal narrowboat on the road, i'll whack some pictures up in a mo

pics below only 6 owners from new ,every mot and tax disc from new as well 101k miles, full vag service history up until it went into storage, full engine rebuild , been in dry storage for 10 years up till 18 months ago, only done 350 miles since, runs but needs setting up, superb bodywork and underneath just has some slight paint issues sort of a crackling in the paint in a couple of places like its had a reaction to the metal, just in the garage atm having some bits of jobs done

Back to the top
hi glenb, and welcome, what a lovely looking car! i think you've done well there bud! load's of stuff on here for you to enjoy, take care n' happy motoring,  :)  al

Back to the top
good looking car

:)

welcome to the site

Banner

Back to the top
thanks guys yes i really like it superb shell , just getting all the usual golf bits done by checking the site out it seems my issues are shared by many , very hard to find first gear, running a bit rich,heter blower motor fuses when you run it past no.2 setting,bits and bats like that, but still goes ok, the handling even on bog standard tyres and wheels is superb, its almost like a modern car  :D , proper made bit of kit the vw's

Back to the top
welcome mate.

very tidy looking mk1 you have there 8)

definitively one to keep standard, with all the history of the car etc..

Back to the top
Hi mate I've got one like yours but nowhere near as good nick!!!  Glad you found us and good luck with it… looks like a cracker!!!

Back to the top
hi nice motor m8, as proud as you are to own it and show it off, i'd consider not showing a picture of the log book, all anyones got to do is enlarge it and see where you live to find ur golf etc m8 if mod see's this please remove on his behalf

Back to the top

since_1983 said

hi nice motor m8, as proud as you are to own it and show it off, i'd consider not showing a picture of the log book, all anyones got to do is enlarge it and see where you live to find ur golf etc m8 if mod see's this please remove on his behalf

Well spotted mate… "since_1983" you should take on inspector Cluso mate… I wouldn't have thought of that but glad you did  :wink:

Glenb - hope you don't mind but I've removed the logbook photo… if you want me to put it back then I will… but like "since_1983" says, this is an open forum so anyone can see those pics bud

Back to the top

Back to the top
oops consider me slapped round the head  :tlc:  thanks and well spotted ,luckily had previous owners address on but better safe than sorry,thanks for that

Back to the top
Dashboard is very clean and i like it.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.