Skip navigation

new member 1983 3 door a717dgu

Back to the top
I recently bought a mk1 golf shell and a mixed back of extras and bits and pieces with it. Shell seems to be in great condition but i was looking to find out some more information on it. it started life as a 1.1 and was converted to 1.8 and completely re done. i have found a few photos of it across the years and I would love to find a past build thread for it. web_7.jpg

web_7.jpg  

web_7.jpg

web_7.jpg

web_7.jpg

web_7.jpg  

Back to the top
I've absolutely no idea but I think you can pay a few quid to the DVLC and get back copies of mot's but there's others on here that will know much more than I do!  :lol:  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Does this have a g60 under the bonnet? 

I'm sure that I was offered a matt black mk1 g60 with a Webasto roof around 7 years ago. Possibly same car

Back to the top

I'm pretty sure it's the same car. This had a webasto roof and a g60 in it, apparently it has a good build thread but I can't track it down. All I have is the old spec from when it was sold in 2011/2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
From what I remember  (not a huge amount as there's been a lot of beer since ) 
Was for sale as matte black with g60,  not sure if it sold and was resprayed grey by new owner or didn't sell and original owner resprayed it.
think it was in Scotland 

Will go through some old messages see if I can find anything. 
I had a few wanted ads up for a mk1 g60 before I bought my oettinger engined one (that was Jan 2010) so may have some messages somewhere from the fella 

Back to the top
http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?p=8633112

Copy that into your browser,  that's your car for sale 2012

Back to the top
Carniemk1  is the username on this very forum of the guy who had that car.

Not been online for a while though.

Back to the top
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=cars-for-sale_2%2Fmk1-golf-g60-back-up

For sale thread from early 2010 which is just after it was offered to me.

Thread has a link to his  photobucket that should have pictures 

Hope this helps 

Back to the top
had a look through the photobucket and the links, looks like it had a lot of work done and at one point was a very tidy car. a long way off that now though.

My two main questions to start are, as it has a big hole in the roof for a webasto roof, how hard is it to track one down? that option is that or just replace it with a carbon fibre one. but i really like the idea of the open roof personally.
Secondly, engines. I like pd engines as they are simple and easy to get power from. also have a lot of experience with them and getting good power from them. but what realistic options do i have engine wise? only looking for around 200bhp and some sort of reliability from it.

Back to the top
I don't know what the Webasto was from,  possibly a polo 6n open air. 
I'm sure with a bit of Google-fu you can get some measurements of the polo jobby
Those have a wooden frame and are mega heavy so personally i would add a carbon skin.

Back to the top

Pulled the car out the garage for the first time today to do some bits and pieces. Poked around the whole car looking for rust and fibre glass and lucky I can say it's not get anything to bad, just the odd patches of surface rust.

Back to the top
Wow amazing how much info members have... like big brother.. hopefully you get car sorted.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top

Look into sorting the roof soon. Cannot find a sun roof at all which fits. Can someone point me in the direction of a weld in roof skin? Or is a carbon fibre bonded in one worth the hassle?

2005 Volkswagen Polo 1.9tdi
1994 Land Rover defender 90
1983 Volkswagen Golf

Back to the top
welcome mate,

looks like that's a hard find.
Webasto still do roofs, worth popping an email to them see if they can advise. I know its an older car but sometimes you might hit lucky?

cheers
chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
welcome mate,

looks like that's a hard find.
Webasto still do roofs, worth popping an email to them see if they can advise. I know its an older car but sometimes you might hit lucky?

cheers
chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Have you still got this car?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.