Skip navigation

Hello

Back to the top
Hi I am Harry and I am 14 years of age and have just recently bought a MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 in  red for £450, It needs a lot of attention to the rear arches and bumpers but what can you expect for a 31 year old car… It came with virtually everything apart from : the driver seat, driver door card, passenger wing mirror, rear view mirror, gear knob and fuel cap so if anyone has any parts I can buy for a reasonable price as I am paying for everything myself then please feel free to comment :)

thanks, Harr

Back to the top
Plenty of parts for sale on here fella. Have a look in the correct sections of the forums.  Everyone is always happy to help out. :-) put some pics up of the car and show your progress. Nothing like seing a mk1 coming to life again. :-)

Back to the top
Hi there and welcome to the forum. As said above let's see some pics. Ho about a resto thread :)

Back to the top
Hi again this is my mk1 golf ! hope you like what you see so far and will post more pics regularly :thumbs:  Avatar

Back to the top
yesterday me and my step dad got the car going after not being started for 4 years was great to see it come to life :lol:

Back to the top
...Hi, Harry. :thumbs: .

Back to the top
Hi Hazza

I think your Dad had posted up here too?

Nice to see you getting stuck in to this - it should be mint by the time you're ready to take your driving test - and in need of another resto by the time you can afford the insurance!  :lol:

Hopefully that's not the case - enjoy it and with a bit of luck you can be behind the wheel officially in a few years ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
welcome aboard buddy, good luck with the project and enjoy it

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
:lol: Ultra small pic. Are you trying to hurt my eyes.  :)  ;)

Back to the top
Hey Harry
Welcome to the site! Nice to see younguns showing interest in old classics instead of some rubbish generic Eurobox!  :thumbs:  Keep us updated with your progress mate. Also get yourself signed up in The Cambridgeshire Region. I think theres a few MK1 Owners down your neck of the woods  :)

Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
welcome aboard harry, good to see a 'youngster' taking interest in classics. Put up some more pics when you get chance
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.