Skip navigation

Hello

Back to the top

Hello

Hi, I've been lurking around for a bit now, thought I'd say 'Hi' and show you a some pics of my Mk1. Hope you like 'em  :D

It should be finished soon, I'm gonna be competing in the VWDRC and a bit of Hillclimbing  :D

Back to the top
Some extensive work going on there!!!!  You doing it all yourself mate????

How long you been lurking!!!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Yeah, there's quite a bit going on  :D I've done a bit on the car, but due to work and my other VW ('62 turbo'd split bus  :mrgreen:) taking up most of my time, I've stuggled to get going with it, so Rob Judge at RNJ Motorsport has taken it on. It's cheating a bit, but Rob's work is quality and I know it'll be done right first time, rather than me cocking it up  :D

I've been hanging around here for a year or so, mostly looking at valver and brake conversion threads, nice site BTW  :D

Back to the top
8O  8O  8O  8O  I'm scared just reading about that splitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Any pics????

Where abouts are you mate (roughly as in Northants etc)… you obviously think highy of the guy doing the work.

Your the only bloke I know that can multi-task  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
nice ride, get some pics of the splitty up

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top

It's a bit of a handful, still on drums  8O

Oh yeah, I'm down here in Sunny rainy Devon, Rob's not too far you in Silverstone.

Back to the top
Oh right that's good to know there's a good bloke up this way then…!!!!  Splitty engine looks proper mean!!!!  The red and white splitty looks in amazing condition  8O

By the way I can see what the problem is with this not getting finished…… your on the old Fosters when doing it you mentalist lol  :wink: …

beer + engine = I'll do it tomorrow  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Thats a roll cage! Nice mk1 ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Oh right that's good to know there's a good bloke up this way then…!!!!  Splitty engine looks proper mean!!!!  The red and white splitty looks in amazing condition  8O

By the way I can see what the problem is with this not getting finished…… your on the old Fosters when doing it you mentalist lol  :wink: …

beer + engine = I'll do it tomorrow  :mrgreen:

Yeah, Rob's a good guy, here's his website: www.rnjmotorsport.co.uk   I'm in no way affiliated to him BTW, I just really recommend him  :D

The Fosters was a celebatory tin for a week of afternoons building a turbo motor from scratch - I'm a professional nuclear mechanical engineer by trade. The engine is nothing extreme, just a 1641 with some tickled heads and the appropriate igniton/timing for the blower.The bus has been a rolling daily driver for the past 4 years and it's proper quick now, I've just got a few issues with cooling and fuel at full boost - I keep trying to run 1 bar boost and I keep popping boost hoses/ fuel lines - I'll get there in the end, it runs ok with the boost wound down, but I'm concentrating on my MK1 right now, the need for racing has got the better of me  :D

The pics of my bus and the red/white split were taken at 'The Freddy Files' last year, an awesome VW show in Ninove, Belguim - Well worth a look, I reckon it's been one of the best shows I've been to and I've been into dubs for the best part of 20 years  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.