Skip navigation

Hello

Back to the top

Hello

Hi new to all this dont actually own a golf yet. but have signed up to this site for a bit of advice.
have been looking at a h reg volkswagen golf driver 1.6 for £595 with tax till october 10 and mot till mar 11.
my question is should i buy this?or should i haggle the price. but am unsure if this will be worth buying.
thanks for any advice offered

Back to the top
Check the buyers guide mate.  Most important thing is the bodywork.  I bought a green mk1 with no tax and little MOT for £450… it's a non-sunroof gti too.  The mk1 had a 1.3 driver but as far as I'm aware never a 1.6?!?  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Welcome.

Think you're looking at a mk2 golf there Andy?

Banner

Back to the top
defo sound like a MK2 but your still welcome :)

£595 doesn't sound like a bad price

Banner

Back to the top
Why a MK2?   Get a MK1 because you will enjoy it more and will never have a problem re-selling a MK1 if you dont like it!  Dont want to sound like a snob, but a MK2 isnt the 'Original' Golf.  I wanted a MK2 and decided to stick it out and get a MK1.  I made the right decision!

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top

slavic said

Why a MK2?   Get a MK1 because you will enjoy it more and will never have a problem re-selling a MK1 if you dont like it!  Dont want to sound like a snob, but a MK2 isnt the 'Original' Golf.  I wanted a MK2 and decided to stick it out and get a MK1.  I made the right decision!

I think he may be getting confused mate and thinks the 1.6 driver h-reg is a mk1…. it's not… he's possibly looking at a mk2

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.