Skip navigation

Hello!

Back to the top

Hello!

Hi there!

My names Dom and I live in essex. I drive a mk4 golf gti day to day, and recently purchased my mk1 golf gti! It's not on the road yet as I want to sort it out for the summer. Got plently of things I want to get done to it, and theres plenty of information on here, so i'm sure it'll keep me busy for a while!

Heres a pic or three:

(Apologies for the terrible photgraphy, it was pretty cold!)

Thanks, Dom.

Back to the top
welcome to the site

looks very nice

whats the plans????

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks, plans are to turn it back to standard pretty much! Already stripped the exterior down, got a few niggly bits to fix/replace, a few leaks to find and fix, and i'll be happy… for the moment!

Back to the top
Hi Dom, welcome to the forum

You're only down the road to me - I'll watch out for you on the road!

Keep an eye on the regional meets page, we'll be having a meet in January in Stortford. Maybe we'll see you there!  8)

Back to the top
hello , welcome to the site .
  looks like somebody has gone to a lot of trouble colour coding the bunpers, wheel arches and rear spoiler … not knocking but .not my choice ,i  think you are right  it would look better standard.
 but on a positive  it looks like a good base and will  look great , and keep us posted with progress pics …. :)

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Thanks for the welcomes!

Fingers crossed it wont be too long before im on the road in it!

And yes, colour coded bumpers and arches aren't to my taste either and they're already off the car you'll be glad to hear  :D

Back to the top
Very nice !
Please keep us updated with pictures
Would like to see how this turns out

Back to the top
:)  get yourself a haynes manual, between that and this forum you should be able to sort out any hitches,   welcome to the love/ hate  world of mk1  ownership …

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
welcome aboard mate !!! a wealth of information at your fingertips here !!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.